KA-BAR

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
Whitneyrifle

Re: KA-BAR

Post by Whitneyrifle »

Madmarco wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:24 pm
Whitneyrifle wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:50 pm
bestgear wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:23 am its been on our radar and hoping that the thread evolves into a more supportive dialogue than it has been.
Thank you, I have been hoping the same also. I just wanted an answer as to how it could be noticed as being restored. I am not looking to sell or dupe anyone, just trying to learn.
You didn't do anything wrong, WR. ::handshake::
I believe the argument is regarding the spelling of the name KA-BAR, not whether a restoration on you knife is obvious or not.
It's all good, buddy!
8)
Marco,
I never thought I did anything wrong. It was just one member said they could see it was restored and I was just curious as to what the noticeable tell was.
You have to be trusted by the people that lie to you. So that when they turn their backs on you, You'll get the chance to put the knife in….
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Got it, WR.
It just seemed that you were regretting starting the topic and felt someone might feel you were trying to cheat them when that was not the case at any time.
It's all good!
8)
8)
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Gunsil wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:18 pm No, you weren't. You were saying it was Ka-Bar. And yes, you were mistaken. Here is a 1950s pocket knife box that clearly shows the logo and name of the company.

1794F43B-BBEE-4351-B244-02D47199D27C.jpeg

Like Abraham Lincoln once said: “Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
So... I have Ka-Bars with Ka-Bar tang stamps... ::paranoid:: and others with KA-BAR stamps... ::paranoid:: is it possible that that over time they changed the tang stamps...and logo and the way they wrote name of the company? ::hmm:: ... ::shrug::
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Well, I looked one of my collector's book and there it is; KA-BAR... ::hmm::
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”