B Rostfrei

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
johns7076

B Rostfrei

Post by johns7076 »

Just picked this one up. Any information about which Beltrame produced it and when will be appreciated.
IMG_2612.jpeg
IMG_2613.jpeg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: B Rostfrei

Post by Madmarco »

What makes you say it's a Beltrame build, John? ::shrug::
The only markings I can see are the "Rostrei" and the "B" on the front tang, and I might be mistaken, but the "B" without the "Frank" could be made by anyone.
To be completely honest, you knife looks very much like this 1980's Edgeco "Kit" knife, which was sent to restricted countries without the spring installed and you would install it yourself once the knife arrived. My knife in the picture also has a screw pivot so the blade can be removed and yours doesn't, so if yours is an Edgeco it likely came without the spring installed which would pop right in and be held in by the larger pin right below the safety which you install yourself after putting the spring in. I'd also say that the swedge blade indicates an older knife, but the swivel bolster release indicates 1962 or newer.
Nice knife under any circumstances!
8)
WIN_20230508_21_28_49_Pro.jpg
WIN_20230508_21_28_27_Pro.jpg
It's very faint, but the front tang reads, "Edgeco/Stainless" and the back tang, "Italy/Stainless". "Sorry bout' the poor pictures, it was either these or REALLY bright glare! ::facepalm::
8)
Bill DeShivs

Post by Bill DeShivs »

His knife is a 7", not a 9" and the spring was installed at the factory. It is a one-piece kick/back spring.
There were several Beltrames making stilettos-Frank, Armando, Renzo, and a few others. Generally, they each made one size and they sold each others' knives as their own.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler

Factory authorized repair for:
Latama
Mauro Mario
LePre
Colonial
KABAR
Hubertus, Grafrath, Ritter
Schrade Cut. Co., Geo Schrade, Pressbutton, Flylock
Falcon/AKC/AGA Campolin
Puma
Burrell Cutlery
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Well there you go, John, straight from an experts mouth!
You can pretty much rely on anything regarding automatic knives Bill has to say.
I DID say I might be mistaken!
8)
8)

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”