Colonial Knife Company Collector's Forum

Colonial Knife was incorporated in 1926 by three brothers; Antonio, Domenic, & Fredrick Paolantonio. It grew to become one of the largest pocket knife manufacturers in the US during the 1960s. The company shut down in 1998, but was back into production under the Colonial Cutlery International Corporation in 2001. Colonial Cutlery International, Inc. brand is the imported line of knives and tools while the U.S.A.- made products fall under the Colonial Knife brand.
knifetime

Re: Colonial Knife Company Collector's Forum

Postby knifetime » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:41 pm

Hey Bobby how are ya.
Does the words " STAR RAT KILLS BEAVER FALLS PA." On the handle of a Colonial forest master ring any bell's for you?
Thanks in advance for any help.
-"...and he that cleaveth wood shall be endangered thereby If the iron be blunt,and he do not whet the edge,then must he put to more strength....Ecclesiastes 10 10!!So sharpen your knife!!

Bonfire bob

Postby Bonfire bob » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:09 pm

No it doesn't...but the ad spec. business was incredible for
years and as much as I can and did, keep track of models and stock number's,
of all production runs, it was IMPOSSIBLE to keep track of advertising logo's. ::shrug::
You have my undevided attention now Phill, and I have many questions....
What was the handle material, and obviously a picture paints a thousand words so
as soon as you are able, let's see some pics.... ::hmm:: ::hmm::

Keep me updated with more info....
Bob P. CKCo..

knifetime

Postby knifetime » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:21 pm

I'll git right on it Bobby. I don't have the knife,it is a buds knife and he was telling me about it over the phone. From what he told me it has metal bolsters and the plastic handles. I will be up to his house in a few days and I will git some pics for us all to look at.
I have Googled it backwards and forwards to no end. It was just such a strange adeverticment etch it got my interest also.
Once again,thanks Bobby. ::handshake::
-"...and he that cleaveth wood shall be endangered thereby If the iron be blunt,and he do not whet the edge,then must he put to more strength....Ecclesiastes 10 10!!So sharpen your knife!!

knifetime

Postby knifetime » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:43 pm

Hey Bobby knifeknut just posted a cool one and I new you would want to check it out so I grabbed the pic to post hear.
You guy's made a little of everything over the years. I thought this was very cool.

Bobby one more question for you. How many Forrest Master's did you guys make with just 3 blades .ie no punch,stamped PALCO,Worc,USA.
Attachments
saln.jpg
saln.jpg (29.08 KiB) Viewed 4395 times
aefc.jpg
aefc.jpg (26.96 KiB) Viewed 4395 times

Bonfire bob

Postby Bonfire bob » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:50 pm

Hey Phill, nice H-1 Hatchet; produced from the early 60's and up to about
the mid 70's...it initially came with a hatchet head leather sheath...I might have
some.. ::hmm:: ::hmm::

To answer your question about PALCO. Worc. THIS WAS NOT A COLONIAL KNIFE!!
I have no info on Colonial making anything in Worc. ever! I've seen some samples and
they are NOT ours for sure.... ::shrug::

Bob P. CKCo...

knifetime

Postby knifetime » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:54 pm

Hello Bobster how are you.
The hatchet belongs to knifeknut and I'm sure he would love to git hold of a original case for it. I will pm him and tell him to talk with you about it.

Bonfire bob

Postby Bonfire bob » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:01 pm

Sounds great pal; I'll start the cellar search ASAP.. ::tu::

knifetime

Postby knifetime » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:04 pm

Hear is that Forrest Master with the PALCO stamp.

I have the other Forest Master n hand,the one with the "star kills rat Beaver Falls PA " on the shield instead of Forrest Master. I will git some pics tomorrow. It has the Colonial,prov,USA tang stamp and is mint. I'm going to have to trade him out of this one,lol.

BTW- I sent you a PM bud.
Attachments
$(KGrHqJ,!qgFJd6l2lNeBSb,qYbboQ~~60_57.JPG
$(KGrHqR,!qQFJVzMVZ7vBSb,qt0Trg~~60_57.JPG

Bonfire bob

Postby Bonfire bob » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:21 pm

Hey man; it's a nice knife but still, not a Colonial!
The first sign is the Palco stamp AND, where's the belt punch?? ::shrug::
Colonial never made a Forest Master without some form of belt punch..
Bob P. CKCo...
I'll check out your PM now, Thanks..

knifetime

Postby knifetime » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:40 pm

That was one of the questions I had Bobby,were is that darn punch? Lol

Bonfire bob

Postby Bonfire bob » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:15 pm

Hey Joe, it looks kind of funny without the belt punch!! :o
Still a nice knife Phill...he bud, your PM came through as an "unknown file"???
Just mail me at bonfirebob11@cox.net..
Bob P. CKCo..

knifetime

Postby knifetime » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:57 pm

Thanks buddy.
Hey Bobby hear is that Star,Kills,Rat knife we talked about it has the Colonial,prov,USA stamp.
Attachments
IMAG0596.JPG
IMAG0598.JPG

Bonfire bob

Postby Bonfire bob » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:22 pm

Oh man...where did you ever find this??!! ::pray::
I would kindly ask you to please take as many pics as you can of the FM knife.
I'll give the first tip about this item guys...LOOK..no center pin..hmm
This is extrodinary my friend and I have some research to do and by the same token Phil, I can't express what it would feel and look like in my hand!! Even good close pics don't tell the entire story sometimes. I don't want you to send it to me but some good close shots of the insides and outs would work just fine. I'll give you an idea of what I mean..I'd look for the following..

All blades completely open and to check the walk and talk, and to see enough space was provided to have the blades NOT rub or hit. Then I would inspect the grinding, hefting of the bolster's, how well the ends were done, check the inside frame for finish, check the backs and see how straight they were, the center rivet needs a close look cause lots of fragile handles would crack here if too much stress is applied with the center pin being the last assembly stage...that's just a start..so much to inspect...INSATIABLE CURIOSITY..
I'll be back after some thought...Bob. P CFE.. ::tu::

knifetime

Postby knifetime » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:22 pm

I will git right on it Bob. I did not notice that center pin,or the lake of one, until you brought it up,good eye my friend.
I can tell you that it is nr mint and all blades walk and talk like New. It has never been sharpened or used.
Figuring out the history is as much fun as getting the knife Bobby,thanks to your help. ::tu::

Joe Dirt

Postby Joe Dirt » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:25 pm

Great knife, knifetime! Only the 2nd one I have ever seen. The other one was pretty much ragged out...

Hey Bobby, what was the total production No.s of the Heritage knives you made? I can't find even 1 of them for sale!!

Here's are a couple Colonial to be ID.

.... Joe
Attachments
Colonial 001.JPG
Colonial 002.JPG
Colonial 003.JPG
I've got a camouflage knife, but I can't find it.......

..... cardboard addicted.....

"The old timer's concentrated on making knives; not keeping records!!" ~ Bonfire bob

Return to “Colonial Knife Collector's Forum”