Now we have a Colonial thread,Show'em

Colonial Knife was incorporated in 1926 by three brothers; Antonio, Domenic, & Fredrick Paolantonio. It grew to become one of the largest pocket knife manufacturers in the US during the 1960s. The company shut down in 1998, but was back into production under the Colonial Cutlery International Corporation in 2001. Colonial Cutlery International, Inc. brand is the imported line of knives and tools while the U.S.A.- made products fall under the Colonial Knife brand.
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Now we have a Colonial thread,Show'em

Post by Papa Bones »

New_Windsor_NY wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:33 pm A COLONIAL, master brand, three blade, stagged handle pocket knife and display card.
By COLONIAL KNIFE CO., INC. From 1972. The pocket knife is MINT, the display card is in GOOD+ condition
Took some pictures and here it is, or here they are.
Click on a picture to ENLARGE.
Very nice Skip. ::tu:: Now you need to find another to have fun taking one out of the pack for edc. :D Cool find
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

New_Windsor_NY wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:33 pm A COLONIAL, master brand, three blade, stagged handle pocket knife and display card.
By COLONIAL KNIFE CO., INC. From 1972. The pocket knife is MINT, the display card is in GOOD+ condition
Teenage memories,thanks Skip ! ::tu::
JP
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Ridgegrass wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:04 am NWNY.....
Thank you J.O'.🍻
Again, my name is Skip.

Papa Bones wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:12 pm Very.....
Thank you Smitty.🍻

Ripster wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:07 pm Teenage.....
Thank you JP.🍻
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
Ridgegrass

Post by Ridgegrass »

OK Skip. ::tu:: J.O'.
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by CluelessNick »

New_Windsor_NY wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:33 pm I acquired this very recently. A COLONIAL, master brand, three blade, stagged handle pocket knife and display card.
Are you gonna open it? LOL ! I bought a ranger jack knife a while back but just had to open it. I find it amazing there are still so many old knives still in original packaging.
Attachments
DSC_3755.JPG
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by CluelessNick »

Got this lockback off Ebay this week. Didn't pay much and wasn't expecting much but the handle feels good in my hand and the lock works great. Kind of impressed with it.
Attachments
DSC_3920.JPG
DSC_3922.JPG
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

::tu::
CluelessNick wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:47 pm
New_Windsor_NY wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:33 pm I acquired this very recently. A COLONIAL, master brand, three blade, stagged handle pocket knife and display card.
Are you gonna open it? LOL ! I bought a ranger jack knife a while back but just had to open it. I find it amazing there are still so many old knives still in original packaging.
::tu:: That’s the attitude ! Open,enjoy. Can save the package .
JP
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by CluelessNick »

One more that I added to my Collection today is this like new jack knife. I think it is a shell handle knife but it feels real sturdy. I have tried so far to limit my Colonial collection to solid handle knives but now find myself looking at older knives too. I need more shelves I think.
Attachments
DSC_3918.JPG
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

CluelessNick wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:51 pm Got this lockback off Ebay this week. Didn't pay much and wasn't expecting much but the handle feels good in my hand and the lock works great. Kind of impressed with it.
Interesting, I've never seen one of these.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by CluelessNick »

edge213 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:24 am
CluelessNick wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:51 pm Got this lockback off Ebay this week. Didn't pay much and wasn't expecting much but the handle feels good in my hand and the lock works great. Kind of impressed with it.
Interesting, I've never seen one of these.
Someone else has a couple of these on here somewhere. Evidently they came in other colors but I've not seen any yet.
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

CluelessNick wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:47 pm Are.....
No, I'm going to leave it in the packaging.

Skip
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by CluelessNick »

New_Windsor_NY wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:02 am
CluelessNick wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:47 pm Are.....
No, I'm going to leave it in the packaging.
That's cool. I've got one coming next week in original package. I may keep it that way. we'll see i guess
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by CluelessNick »

My Swiss Master came in the mail yesterday. It is in the original package but it was no hard decision to take it out as it had already been opened. Still it is in new condition and looks great on my little display shelf.
Attachments
DSC_3944.JPG
DSC_3947.JPG
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by CluelessNick »

Picked up a few more Colonial knives over the last couple of weeks. A yellow handle Ranger with scissors, a scrimshaw Barlow and a wooden handle Colonial stockman. All in like new condition. My Colonial collection keeps growing.
Attachments
DSC_3933.JPG
DSC_3937.JPG
DSC_3939.JPG
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

I received this Colonial Barlow today. A welcome addition to my Colonial and Barlow family. I thought this was a neat looking Colonial Barlow. I know little about the date of the tang stamp. It has a reproduction of an early Colonial Cutlery tang stamp with Arched "Colonial" over Prov,. R.I., but has an 05 in the center of the tang stamp. I'm not sure if this is the year or pattern number. On the reverse of the main blade it has a tang stamp "440 Stainless". The blades look near new, and have great snap. It has natural colored wood handles. If anyone has information about this tang stamp, feel free to post about it.
Col Barlow_a.png
Col Barlow_b.png
Col Barlow_c.png

Smitty
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Papa Bones wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:34 am I.....
Smitty, you're out of control. ::tu::
Another GREAT l@@king BARLOW. ::tu::
Interesting tang stamp. ::tu::

Skip
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

CluelessNick wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:02 pm Picked up a few more Colonial knives over the last couple of weeks. A yellow handle Ranger with scissors, a scrimshaw Barlow and a wooden handle Colonial stockman. All in like new condition. My Colonial collection keeps growing.
Man, Nick, you're bringin' 'em home. Knice scores pal.!!!
Papa Bones wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:34 am I received this Colonial Barlow today. A welcome addition to my Colonial and Barlow family. I thought this was a neat looking Colonial Barlow. I know little about the date of the tang stamp. It has a reproduction of an early Colonial Cutlery tang stamp with Arched "Colonial" over Prov,. R.I., but has an 05 in the center of the tang stamp. I'm not sure if this is the year or pattern number. On the reverse of the main blade it has a tang stamp "440 Stainless". The blades look near new, and have great snap. It has natural colored wood handles. If anyone has information about this tang stamp, feel free to post about it.
Col Barlow_a.png
Col Barlow_b.png
Col Barlow_c.png
Smitty....purty sure these are late model Colonial's because none of that info was on the "pre-out of business" knives. Well, I'm referring to the
05 and the 440 stamps.
Steve Paolantonio now runs the reborn Colonial and has since he started it back up sometime around 05.
You can email him.......he's very easy to communicate with.
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

CluelessNick wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:02 pm Picked up a few more Colonial knives over the last couple of weeks. A yellow handle Ranger with scissors, a scrimshaw Barlow and a wooden handle Colonial stockman. All in like new condition. My Colonial collection keeps growing.
Hey there Nick ,nice picks there ! ::tu:: Never seen a Ranger with Scissors,kind of cool.
Stay out of trouble down there .
JP
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by CluelessNick »

Papa Bones wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:34 am I received this Colonial Barlow today. A welcome addition to my Colonial and Barlow family. I thought this was a neat looking Colonial Barlow. I know little about the date of the tang stamp. It has a reproduction of an early Colonial Cutlery tang stamp with Arched "Colonial" over Prov,. R.I., but has an 05 in the center of the tang stamp. I'm not sure if this is the year or pattern number. On the reverse of the main blade it has a tang stamp "440 Stainless". The blades look near new, and have great snap. It has natural colored wood handles. If anyone has information about this tang stamp, feel free to post about it.

Col Barlow_a.png
Col Barlow_b.png
Col Barlow_c.png
That wooden handle just looks right on a barlow,great knife!
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by CluelessNick »

Ripster wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:37 pm
Hey there Nick ,nice picks there ! ::tu:: Never seen a Ranger with Scissors,kind of cool.
Stay out of trouble down there .
Morning JP. I thought the scissors were pretty interesting, thanks
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by CluelessNick »

TripleF wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:48 am

Col Barlow_a.png
Col Barlow_b.png
Col Barlow_c.png
Smitty....purty sure these are late model Colonial's because none of that info was on the "pre-out of business" knives. Well, I'm referring to the
05 and the 440 stamps.
Steve Paolantonio now runs the reborn Colonial and has since he started it back up sometime around 05.
Morning Scott, so do you think that these Colonials with that newer tang stamp were made by Steve's company? Would these have been made in Rhode Island or possibly China? Thanks for any info you may have--Nick
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

05 and the 440 stamps.
Thanks for the info Scott. Yeah, that's pretty much what I figured. I was thinking that maybe the "05" may have been the year.

Smitty
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

CluelessNick wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:43 pm

Col Barlow_a.png
Col Barlow_b.png
Col Barlow_c.png
05 and the 440 stamps.
With the newer tang stamp are made by the new Colonial. Not sure if any parts come from China, but if I remember correctly, they're all
assembled here in the USA.

Morning Scott, so do you think that these Colonials with that newer tang stamp were made by Steve's company? Would these have been made in Rhode Island or possibly China? Thanks for any info you may have--Nick
SCOTT

CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by CluelessNick »

TripleF wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:46 am

05 and the 440 stamps.
With the newer tang stamp are made by the new Colonial. Not sure if any parts come from China, but if I remember correctly, they're all

Thanks for the info Scott
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

CluelessNick wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:48 pm
TripleF wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:46 am

Thanks for the info Scott

My pleasure. Any time!! ::handshake::
SCOTT

Return to “Colonial Knife Collector's Forum”