Now we have a Colonial thread,Show'em

Colonial Knife was incorporated in 1926 by three brothers; Antonio, Domenic, & Fredrick Paolantonio. It grew to become one of the largest pocket knife manufacturers in the US during the 1960s. The company shut down in 1998, but was back into production under the Colonial Cutlery International Corporation in 2001. Colonial Cutlery International, Inc. brand is the imported line of knives and tools while the U.S.A.- made products fall under the Colonial Knife brand.
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Now we have a Colonial thread,Show'em

Post by Sasquach »

Did someone say Colonial?
Attachments
Colonial Swell End Jack.JPG
Colonial Cigar Jack.JPG
Colonial Cigar Jack II.JPG
Colonial Bartender.JPG
Colonial Ranger .png
Col. Sm. Jack 001.png
A GOOD KNIFE IS LIKE A GOOD FRIEND, IT'LL NEVER LET YOU DOWN.

“Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.”
~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Thats a good assortment Squatch ::tu::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by CluelessNick »

Sasquach wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:45 pm Did someone say Colonial?
nice knives and great photos--Nick
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by CluelessNick »

Papa Bones wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:34 am I received this Colonial Barlow today. A welcome addition to my Colonial and Barlow family. I thought this was a neat looking Colonial Barlow. I know little about the date of the tang stamp. It has a reproduction of an early Colonial Cutlery tang stamp with Arched "Colonial" over Prov,. R.I., but has an 05 in the center of the tang stamp. I'm not sure if this is the year or pattern number. On the reverse of the main blade it has a tang stamp "440 Stainless". The blades look near new, and have great snap. It has natural colored wood handles. If anyone has information about this tang stamp, feel free to post about it.

Col Barlow_a.png
Col Barlow_b.png
Col Barlow_c.png
Smitty, I saw this knife you posted and had to go find one for myself. Hopefully it will be here today. Great looking knife. Sellers photos
Attachments
3.jpg
4.jpg
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

CluelessNick wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:31 pm

Smitty, I saw this knife you posted and had to go find one for myself. Hopefully it will be here today. Great looking knife. Sellers photos
::tu:: ::tu:: ::nod::
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by CluelessNick »

Received a box full of Colonials in the mail today. courtesy of Ripster paying it forward thanks JP
Attachments
DSC_4110.JPG
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

Another one from the Colonial drawer...
Attachments
Colonial Hobo.png

~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

"Ultra Blade". If I recall, this was a lower-priced line sold by Buck in the 1980s and 1990s. One of the few I have seen that wasn't German or Japanese, however. Actually, this is the only one like it I've seen, as the other was a penknife. I've seen one other obviously Colonial Ultrablade, but the handles were like an Old Timer--tan/brown. Not orange/yellow.
KIMG3738.JPG
KIMG3739.JPG

I have seen this handle before--on a Red Ryder tang-stamped knife made by Colonial. So, did they have a bunch of handles, or at least plastic pellets they needed to get rid of?
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

CluelessNick wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:51 pm Got this lockback off Ebay this week. Didn't pay much and wasn't expecting much but the handle feels good in my hand and the lock works great. Kind of impressed with it.
Nice! That "Yellow Dog" as the seller calls it I've been meaning to get for ages.
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by CluelessNick »

Sasquach wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:18 pm Another one from the Colonial drawer...
Great looking knife but I always wonder. If you are using it to cut up a steak then you either need another knife or another fork. Can't use both at same time. LOL
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by CluelessNick »

cody6268 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:46 pm "Ultra Blade". If I recall, this was a lower-priced line sold by Buck in the 1980s and 1990s. One of the few I have seen that wasn't German or Japanese, however. Actually, this is the only one like it I've seen, as the other was a penknife. I've seen one other obviously Colonial Ultrablade, but the handles were like an Old Timer--tan/brown. Not orange/yellow.
KIMG3738.JPG

KIMG3739.JPG

I have seen this handle before--on a Red Ryder tang-stamped knife made by Colonial. So, did they have a bunch of handles, or at least plastic pellets they needed to get rid of?
I have not seen one of these before. Looks like a Ranger with different handles and brand. It's mind boggling how many different knives there are to collect.
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by CluelessNick »

cody6268 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:19 pm
CluelessNick wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:51 pm Got this lockback off Ebay this week. Didn't pay much and wasn't expecting much but the handle feels good in my hand and the lock works great. Kind of impressed with it.
Nice! That "Yellow Dog" as the seller calls it I've been meaning to get for ages.
I really like the knife but not crazy about the handles on it. Thinking if I could get it redone in bone or micarta it would be awesome.
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

CluelessNick wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:54 pm
cody6268 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:46 pm "Ultra Blade". If I recall, this was a lower-priced line sold by Buck in the 1980s and 1990s. One of the few I have seen that wasn't German or Japanese, however. Actually, this is the only one like it I've seen, as the other was a penknife. I've seen one other obviously Colonial Ultrablade, but the handles were like an Old Timer--tan/brown. Not orange/yellow.
KIMG3738.JPG

KIMG3739.JPG

I have not seen one of these before. Looks like a Ranger with different handles and brand. It's mind boggling how many different knives there are to collect.
Really nice to see all the Colonial stuff getting posted .
Nick, you’re absolutely right about mind boggling . It’s always cool though to get that ah ha moment when you come across a new discovery.
Thanks for keeping this thread going. Have a great Sunday
JP
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Sasquach wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:45 pm Did someone say Colonial?
Nice ones! ::tu::
David
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Won this RAP CUTLER Stockman a couple weeks ago dirt cheap. Couple years ago these were going for a lot more. Most of you are probably aware these were handmade by Robert Anthony Paolantonio. Who was a third generation cutler from the family that started Colonial Knife Co..
Attachments
IMG_6674.JPG
IMG_6678.JPG
IMG_6681.JPG
David
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

RAP CUTLER Stockman smooth green bone.
Attachments
IMG_6684.JPG
David
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

DM11 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:00 pm Won this RAP CUTLER Stockman a couple weeks ago dirt cheap. Couple years ago these were going for a lot more. Most of you are probably aware these were handmade by Robert Anthony Paolantonio. Who was a third generation cutler from the family that started Colonial Knife Co..
Nice David ::tu::
Been awhile since we’ve seen some of His work.
JP
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Old Cutler Barlow. Walnut covers
Attachments
IMG_6686.JPG
David
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

DM11 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:00 pm Won this RAP CUTLER Stockman a couple weeks ago dirt cheap. Couple years ago these were going for a lot more. Most of you are probably aware these were handmade by Robert Anthony Paolantonio. Who was a third generation cutler from the family that started Colonial Knife Co..
That's pretty cool David.
I miss Bob's posts.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Thank you JP and David. He was gone before I joined the forum. I've read back through many of the old threads and enjoyed his posts very much!
David
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by CluelessNick »

I think these were some of the best knives Colonial ever offered. Nice collection you have there. Seems like there was a lot more interest in Colonials when Bonfire Bob was posting. I was too late to ever chat with him but it seems that he had a lot to share about Colonial.
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

Another old Colonial from the knife drawer.
Attachments
Colonial Slim Trapper.jpg

~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by CluelessNick »

Strange that this knife has through the bolster pins unlike most Old Cutlers I've seen.
CluelessNick
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by CluelessNick »

Picked up this Ranger single blade with a liner lock the other day. It locks up tight and is really sharp.
Attachments
1.jpg
3.jpg
6.jpg
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

CluelessNick wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:02 pm Picked up this Ranger single blade with a liner lock the other day. It locks up tight and is really sharp.
First I have seen with that tang stamp. I have one that was an NRA knife; and it was mostly seen with Lakota (mostly known for Japanese-made knives) and Colonial (uncommon, but they exist). They must have mostly marketed these as an advertising/"Your Logo Here" type knife.

Return to “Colonial Knife Collector's Forum”