Could these be Colonials? USA stamp

Colonial Knife was incorporated in 1926 by three brothers; Antonio, Domenic, & Fredrick Paolantonio. It grew to become one of the largest pocket knife manufacturers in the US during the 1960s. The company shut down in 1998, but was back into production under the Colonial Cutlery International Corporation in 2001. Colonial Cutlery International, Inc. brand is the imported line of knives and tools while the U.S.A.- made products fall under the Colonial Knife brand.
Lawrence

Could these be Colonials? USA stamp

Post by Lawrence »

I picked these knives up last week-end. I did some research, and a few posts on this site lead me to believe that some knives simply stamped 'USA' are either Colonial or Imperial.
The first one is interesting and looks old, and I have seen others that were produced around war time, and were referred to as 'Risque' knives with ladies on them. Sorry boys, I think she is clothed. Nevertheless, I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who may shed some light on this one.
The second blue one...well, is blue, with a USA stamp. Do you think these may be colonials?
cheers
Attachments
J23'13 025.jpg
J23'13 026.jpg
J23'13 027.jpg
J23'13 029.jpg
J23'13 032.jpg
J23'13 033.jpg
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Could these be Colonials? USA stamp

Post by garddogg56 »

how bout these BOBBY ::shrug:: WHO MADE THESE?????
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
knives-are-quiet

Re: Could these be Colonials? USA stamp

Post by knives-are-quiet »

These are cheap knives you would get either out of a gum ball machine, 5 & 10, Hardware store.
I have this one that is similar to the light blue one.
It is marked "The Ideal" and U.S.A.
I got this knife more than forty years ago from a long gone local Mom and Pop Hardware store that also sold Toys, models, stuff for kids.
I also remember seeing those pinup knives in the same store. I didn't think my Mother would approve of me buying one of those.
If I recall this knife cost 50 cents.
That's how much I got for allowance way back then.
Also here is another post with a similar Ideal knife that looks like the pinup girl knife.

http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kni ... =4&t=22146

JW~

Return to “Colonial Knife Collector's Forum”