Inflation,Gouging or From The Future? Can I afford Colonial?

Colonial Knife was incorporated in 1926 by three brothers; Antonio, Domenic, & Fredrick Paolantonio. It grew to become one of the largest pocket knife manufacturers in the US during the 1960s. The company shut down in 1998, but was back into production under the Colonial Cutlery International Corporation in 2001. Colonial Cutlery International, Inc. brand is the imported line of knives and tools while the U.S.A.- made products fall under the Colonial Knife brand.
reddirtknives
Location: Okrahoma where the wind comes sreeping down the prain

Inflation,Gouging or From The Future? Can I afford Colonial?

Post by reddirtknives »

A brand new Colonial knife used to be affordable to anyone that really wanted one. Since they've stopped making them some people can't resist the temptation to capitolize for excessive profits. Would this be considered price gouging? Is the value of the dollar dropping at this alarming of a rate? Can this person see into the future or was this knife actually brought back from the future in some kind of time machine? ::shrug:: :mrgreen: After purchasing this and going without lunch and dinner for 3 nights, I found myself pondering over what I had just done in an attempt to sidetrack my mind from the sound of my stomach growling. Then my stomach freaked me out in a way that left me shaking, :shock: I'm still losing sleep over it to this day. But after pondering whilst starving for that knife with stomach grrrOWLing from out of the growl my stomach asked me a question. ::uc:: ::hmm:: Can I afford Colonial? ::woot:: ::groove:: ::groove:: ::groove::
Attachments
Oh my
Oh my
Was I hallucinating from hunger?
Was I hallucinating from hunger?
DJ Red Tater Tip ~ Killer of Threads, Solo Pioneer in The Intergalactic Cutlery Trade
... ... `.~ RED DIRT KNIVES ~.` ... ...

Re: Inflation,Gouging or From The Future? Can I afford Colon

Post by 0078 »

Go ahead and get it, at least you will have something to cut your meat with someday!!
Where you plant your needs is where your garden grows.
Joe Dirt

Post by Joe Dirt »

You gonna take er out of the package, tater? You won't find the knife alone in better shape for sure!

I've payed about the same for a fixed blade in the pack (where it will stay).
Normally I pay around $20 - $30 (sometimes less... as low as $10 if I luck out) for them still in the package... again where they stay.
I clearly have an addiction to the blister packs - just click on my images! Several of them have the original price on them.

There has DEFINITELY been an increase in price on them over the past few years.

Those little stockman's have 3 springs - pretty cool knives. And now ya can slice the bologna - breakfast, lunch, and dinner :lol:

...... Joe
I've got a camouflage knife, but I can't find it.......

..... cardboard addicted.....

"The old timer's concentrated on making knives; not keeping records!!" ~ Bonfire bob
reddirtknives
Location: Okrahoma where the wind comes sreeping down the prain

Post by reddirtknives »

Rollling ::super_happy:: ::super_happy:: lmao ::woot:: ::super_happy:: ::woot:: TFF ::woot:: You guys crackin me up... I never thought about using it to eat with ::doh:: ... You would think that my stomach would have been the first to come up with that idea ::woot::
Joe, I was thinkin about cuttin cheese not bologna ::woot::
DJ Red Tater Tip ~ Killer of Threads, Solo Pioneer in The Intergalactic Cutlery Trade
... ... `.~ RED DIRT KNIVES ~.` ... ...

Return to “Colonial Knife Collector's Forum”