Colonial/Imperial ~ Paolantonio/ Mirando cousin comparisons

Colonial Knife was incorporated in 1926 by three brothers; Antonio, Domenic, & Fredrick Paolantonio. It grew to become one of the largest pocket knife manufacturers in the US during the 1960s. The company shut down in 1998, but was back into production under the Colonial Cutlery International Corporation in 2001. Colonial Cutlery International, Inc. brand is the imported line of knives and tools while the U.S.A.- made products fall under the Colonial Knife brand.
Joe Dirt

Colonial/Imperial ~ Paolantonio/ Mirando cousin comparisons

Post by Joe Dirt »

The Paolantonio's operated the Colonial factory and the Mirando's operated the Imperial factory - both in Rode Island.
The Paolantonio & Mirando familys were (are) cousins.

Both of these were VERY large factorys and shared, borrowed, gave, (and maybe stole?) the same or very similar paterns.

Anyone got Colonial patterns that are shared with Imperial patterns? (like the Forest-Master and the Kamp-King)

Here are two that are VERY close... I don't now what Colonial called it or the No. but Imperial called this pattern the #1200 "Cross-Bar."
The orange on the left is Colonial and the blueish green color on the right is Imperial.
Note the saber grind on the Colonial. This knife also has a half stop where the Imperial does not.

Awaiting your input, Bobby Paolantonio,

...... Joe
Attachments
Colonial - Imperial comparison (2).JPG
Colonial - Imperial comparison.JPG
Colonial - Imperial comparison (5).JPG
I've got a camouflage knife, but I can't find it.......

..... cardboard addicted.....

"The old timer's concentrated on making knives; not keeping records!!" ~ Bonfire bob

Return to “Colonial Knife Collector's Forum”