Question for Bonfire Bob

Colonial Knife was incorporated in 1926 by three brothers; Antonio, Domenic, & Fredrick Paolantonio. It grew to become one of the largest pocket knife manufacturers in the US during the 1960s. The company shut down in 1998, but was back into production under the Colonial Cutlery International Corporation in 2001. Colonial Cutlery International, Inc. brand is the imported line of knives and tools while the U.S.A.- made products fall under the Colonial Knife brand.
mnstuff

Question for Bonfire Bob

Post by mnstuff »

Pictures for Bonfire bob earlier post
Attachments
2013 Colonel Coon 114.JPG
2013 Colonel Coon 113.jpg
PigSticker

Re: Question for Bonfire Bob

Post by PigSticker »

Nice knife what's the story on the engraved bolster?
NEVER DOUBT YOUR DAWG
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Bobby doesn't visit a lot of threads here on AAPK, and is primarily seen in this one in this section:

http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kni ... 87&t=32528
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
mnstuff

Post by mnstuff »

Pigsticker see my first post. I couldnt figure out how to add pictures so I put pictures here and text earlier. Thanks mnstuff
Bonfire bob

Post by Bonfire bob »

Greetings mnstuff, welcome aboard! ::handshake::
Scott's right! I spend so much time answering questions on other threads, I do miss a few from time to time, Thanks to Scott and guys like Joe K., they bring these to my attention.

Where the HELL did you ever find this knife!!! I have one important question..does the master blade stamp read Tennessee Knife Works or Old Cutler???? ::hmm:: ::hmm::
I can't believe what I'm seeing!! When my close old friend Adrian Harris; Tenn. Knife Works was starting out, Colonial made a good portion of his line...stockman's, Barlows and such..

This was an old personal order that I made for Adrian over 35 years ago! ::ds:: ::ds::
I ask about the tang because we eventually made AH his own tang stamp with Tenn. Knife works..If the tang reads Old Cutler, it's older and more valuable than you could imagine...

These were made by hand by me, for Adrian and were engraved by Bart in the printing room with an old manual engraving machine!! OMG!! ::woot:: ::woot::
We are talking about a run of 20 or 30 knives and I LOVE this because it confirms my relationship with my old friend and the very beginnings of my RAP line!

I am understandably curious as to where you bought it, how much did you pay for it, and what your going to do with it!! DON'T EVER SELL IT!! Not even to me.... :wink:
You own a classic piece of history and like I said, it confirms the relation between Adrian and Colonial AND RAP Cutler!! Thank you my new friend!! Please feel free to share this historical knife and it's story.. ::tu::

Please visit my blog: myfamilybusinessbook@gmail.com and check into my book, the history of Colonial Knife Company...
It is the most extentive and comprehensive story of a family knife business from start to finish... ::groove::
Thanks once again, Bob Paolantonio, Colonial Knife Co., RAP Cutler, and Heritage Cutler's.
Joe Dirt

Post by Joe Dirt »

That's some GREAT info, Bobby! We all learn something new around here every day! ::nod::

WoW! What a great ol knife and the story behind it, mnstuff! ::tu::

..... Joe
I've got a camouflage knife, but I can't find it.......

..... cardboard addicted.....

"The old timer's concentrated on making knives; not keeping records!!" ~ Bonfire bob
PigSticker

Post by PigSticker »

That is a nice find--I totally missed RAP on the bolster when I first seen this post--show a pic of the tang stamp
NEVER DOUBT YOUR DAWG
Bonfire bob

Post by Bonfire bob »

Yessirry, we'd like that tang stamp my friend and I'll be able to tell you personall what it's origin and history is..
Bob P. CKCo... ::nod:: ::nod::
mnstuff

Post by mnstuff »

Bob,

Here is a picture of the tang. As you can see it does say Old Cutler U.SA. I picked it up from a knife dealer in Crossville, Tennessee and he said it came out of a personal collection from Jackson, Tennessee.

When was it made and how many were engraved with Adrian RAP?

Thanks for the information,
mnstuff
Attachments
Old Cutler U.S.A..JPG
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Look at this beaut.....
Attachments
Old Cutler Colonial R.A.P. USA Barlow Knife 009.JPG
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
PigSticker

Post by PigSticker »

Nice knife Scottie
NEVER DOUBT YOUR DAWG
Bonfire bob

Post by Bonfire bob »

Yessirry!! Those are my beautiful Barlow's!! ::nod:: ::nod::
mnstuff, I was making these many years ago and when Adrian Harris was just starting
out with Tennessee Knife Works, he began using Colonial parts! This knife is proof positive
of it! I hand made only 20-30 of these; it was early 80's and I don't honestly remember
how many. They were for his close personal friends and used them to introduce his line!

Scott's version is exactly the same, without the etching of course....
Here's the original ad when Colonial introduced me and RAP, 15 years later!! ::shrug::
The Five Star Series....It was introduced at the 1995 Shot Show in Las Vegas...
Guess who wasn't invite?? ::uc::
Bob P. CKCo...CFE
Attachments
CCF11082013_00000.jpg

Return to “Colonial Knife Collector's Forum”