Bored on a Friday night

Colonial Knife was incorporated in 1926 by three brothers; Antonio, Domenic, & Fredrick Paolantonio. It grew to become one of the largest pocket knife manufacturers in the US during the 1960s. The company shut down in 1998, but was back into production under the Colonial Cutlery International Corporation in 2001. Colonial Cutlery International, Inc. brand is the imported line of knives and tools while the U.S.A.- made products fall under the Colonial Knife brand.
Ribbit

Bored on a Friday night

Post by Ribbit »

I'm too old to party and too much of a wimp to coon hunt tonight....
So I'd thought I would go through a box of flea market (or perhaps some ebay or AAPK-procured) "stuff", looking for Colonials.
When I was a kid, before I worked and could afford the higher dollar pocketknives, I carried a colonial (or imperial) everyday.
They remain my favorites. My case-collecting buddies think I'm crazy, but I seldom pass up a chance to buy a colonial.

the way I see it, one of these days some old boy is going to say "remember those colonials?" And I (or my progeny) will say "heck yes, I have a bunch of them!"
These are just a few of what I've accumulated over the years.
Attachments
IMG_2198.JPG
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Bored on a Friday night

Post by jerryd6818 »

Bret, I may have one or two of those laying around the house. BTW, I (mostly) grew up about 150 miles from where you are. Farther South and farther West.

This is part of the crop I got from 313 Mike.
Attachments
DSC08822.JPG
DSC08825.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Ribbit wrote:I'm too old to party
No you're not...it's just a question of what constitutes a "party."
Far as I'm concerned, my knife collection is the very definition of a party.

Rock on, blade brother...keep on rockin'! ::ds::

~Q~
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
kenb

Post by kenb »

I'm new around here (as far as posting goes), but when I saw this I had to smile. I've been collecting pocket knives for about 50 years on and off. I started buying advertising knives a few years back, don't know why, something that just happened, and I have a fondness for Colonial knives as well and when you start buying advertising knives that fondness grows. Ken
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Every knife tells a story, but the unique thing about advertising knives is that their stories have a title written right on the handle. :)

Would love to see some of your knives, Kenb...after 50 years of collecting, surely you must have a few interesting ones to show off.

~Q~
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

kenb wrote:I'm new around here (as far as posting goes), but when I saw this I had to smile. I've been collecting pocket knives for about 50 years on and off. I started buying advertising knives a few years back, don't know why, something that just happened, and I have a fondness for Colonial knives as well and when you start buying advertising knives that fondness grows. Ken
Welcome to AAPK. Glad to have you aboard.

I just bought a small group (mostly advertising Colonials) from an AAPK member and have a few more laying around. I'm not a fanatic but every now and then I see one that needs to come home with me.

A sample.
Attachments
DSC08821.JPG
DSC08822.JPG
Miracle Whip Group.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
m0nk

Post by m0nk »

Here are a couple new Colonials. And just for fun, here's a comparison of the new Colonial military/scout knife with the old Camillus and my old Vic Soldier.

Lee
Attachments
colonials_1.PNG
us_mil_scouts_3.PNG

Return to “Colonial Knife Collector's Forum”