Colonial Knife Factory Drone Footage

Colonial Knife was incorporated in 1926 by three brothers; Antonio, Domenic, & Fredrick Paolantonio. It grew to become one of the largest pocket knife manufacturers in the US during the 1960s. The company shut down in 1998, but was back into production under the Colonial Cutlery International Corporation in 2001. Colonial Cutlery International, Inc. brand is the imported line of knives and tools while the U.S.A.- made products fall under the Colonial Knife brand.
RevolverGuy

Colonial Knife Factory Drone Footage

Post by RevolverGuy »

I was searching for some info online on the Colonial Knife Co. and stumbled across this video of the original factory in Providence, R.I. Just wanted to share. (Might be best to watch without the audio as the background music is not very appealing.) It appears to have been filmed in 2018. A little sad to see it in it's present-day condition ... But I imagine what it must have been like in it's glory days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtGXUjhnCO8
Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 1.54.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 1.56.19 PM.png
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Colonial Knife Factory Drone Footage

Post by Quick Steel »

One of the founding brothers was a member on AAPK for a little while until his death. Thanks for sharing the sad video. Imagine, two 300 person shifts per day. Impressive.
Beavertail

Post by Beavertail »

Just imagine all the knives that came out of that factory.
I have a few myself!👍
Tim
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

I too have several great knives that came from that factory and it hurts my heart to see buildings in such condition regardless of the purpose it served. This is why I collect and preserve knives and their history, because one day no one will know anything about places like that one and those in New York.
Buy, Collect and Preserve the history please.
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
RevolverGuy

Post by RevolverGuy »

That is so true dlr110. I also found this photo while searching online. It's the building of the foundation of the Colonial Knife factory. If anyone is interested in reading more it can be found here: https://colonialknives.wordpress.com/20 ... beginning/
ckcconstruction1930500.png
And finding out that the property was sold recently to a flower farm, I was able to find their website online and saw this on the homepage. It sort of bothers me that there is no mention of the "2.7 acre factory site" being the former Colonial Knife factory. I hope that they at least leave the vintage lettering intact on the side of the building.
Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 4.22.57 PM.png
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Cool video, thanks for posting it. I bought this book from Bobby right before his death. He was a really nice guy.
Attachments
15888933934965767148938328227286.jpg
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
schradefan27

Post by schradefan27 »

I too have several great knives that came from that factory and it hurts my heart to see buildings in such condition regardless of the purpose it served. This is why I collect and preserve knives and their history, because one day no one will know anything about places like that one and those in New York.
Buy, Collect and Preserve the history please.

Great thought! I'm doing my best.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Quick Steel wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 5:59 pm One of the founding brothers was a member on AAPK for a little while until his death. Thanks for sharing the sad video. Imagine, two 300 person shifts per day. Impressive.
One of the founding brothers....grandson, Bobby Paolantonio was a member, Garry, before he passed.
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Thank you for the correction Scott..
Blade Man

Post by Blade Man »

I have been in the factory many times,my home state