Forest-Master Stainless & Promotional Forest-Master

Colonial Knife was incorporated in 1926 by three brothers; Antonio, Domenic, & Fredrick Paolantonio. It grew to become one of the largest pocket knife manufacturers in the US during the 1960s. The company shut down in 1998, but was back into production under the Colonial Cutlery International Corporation in 2001. Colonial Cutlery International, Inc. brand is the imported line of knives and tools while the U.S.A.- made products fall under the Colonial Knife brand.
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Forest-Master Stainless & Promotional Forest-Master

Post by Papa Bones »

Picked these up of the Bay.
I wanted one of the lighter colored Forest-Master and came up with this one. Really nice shape Forest-Master Stainless. All blades have good snap. It just needed a little cleaning and oiling.

The second photo set is of a Forest-Master with a promotional shield for Solder Seal. It has some staining and did have some light rust. But I let it set in some vinegar, then rinsed and flushed with some WD-40. Went over the blades with some flitz and oiled.

If some of you don't know this name, Solder Seal was a line of products that was produced by a company called The Radiator Specialty Company. They produced a line of cleaning chemicals, oils, Submersible Carburetor Cleaners and radiator additives. They were the original sellers of Gunk engine cleaner, Liquid Wrench Oils, and Motor Medic products. The Company is still in business but changed their name to RSC Chemical Solutions and still carry the GUNK and Liquid Wrench names. They dropped the Solder Seal products line sometime in the mid 80's. Rumor was because of tightening EPA standards. Which was a shame, they had some of the best carburetor cleaner in the business. I had a lot of experience with it back in my younger days building carbs.
FM stainless.png
SolderSeal2.png

Smitty
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty

Return to “Colonial Knife Collector's Forum”