Colonial commerative

Colonial Knife was incorporated in 1926 by three brothers; Antonio, Domenic, & Fredrick Paolantonio. It grew to become one of the largest pocket knife manufacturers in the US during the 1960s. The company shut down in 1998, but was back into production under the Colonial Cutlery International Corporation in 2001. Colonial Cutlery International, Inc. brand is the imported line of knives and tools while the U.S.A.- made products fall under the Colonial Knife brand.
bkirchner50

Colonial commerative

Post by bkirchner50 »

I have a Colonial commerative knife for the Golden Gate International Exposition in 1939. The only other marking is San Francisco Bay. Guess there weren't many knife manufacturers in California at the time and Colonial had an excellent reputation.

Would appreciate any information or comments. Also a guesstimate as to the value.

If necessary, I will try to take a better picture of the knife. Many thanks in advance.
Attachments
IMG_20200822_184046.jpg
R. G. Kirchner
RevolverGuy

Re: Colonial commerative

Post by RevolverGuy »

Never seen that one before. Colonial made a lot of knives and yours is a fine example of one commemorating an event. I'm no expert on dating them but I do know that the long pull seen on yours was on the earlier ones before they went to a nail nick I think around the late 1960s.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

As a general rule of thumb, commemorative knives have no more value than the same generic (non-commemorative) knife. Unless the buyer has some connection to the event or place being commemorated. Then it might bring a premium. To everyone else, it’s just another knife.
My guesstimate of value would be $25-$30. A similar Colonial jack commemorating the Seattle World Fair recently sold at auction on eBay for $19.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Hideaway Knives

Post by Hideaway Knives »

Nice piece thanks for the pic

Return to “Colonial Knife Collector's Forum”