Kershaw 2120 Snap-On

Kershaw began its foray into the knife business sometime during 1974. The company was originally based in Portland Oregon, but most early knives were manufactured in Japan. The first US manufacturing plant was opened in 1997 & the company currently offers knives made in the U.S., Japan, & China. Pete Kershaw (an ex Gerber salesman) started the business.
knife7knut

Kershaw 2120 Snap-On

Post by knife7knut »

Had this one forever.
Attachments
IMG_6891.edit1.edit1.jpg
IMG_6892.edit1.jpg
IMG_6893.edit1.jpg
IMG_6894.edit1.jpg
IMG_6895.edit1.jpg
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
JonTerry

Re: Kershaw 2120 Snap-On

Post by JonTerry »

Ha !!!

Serendipity !!!

I had never known Snap On and Kershaw did business together, truth be told I've never owned a Kershaw until yesterday when I purchased an 80's Stag Lockback (Solingen not Japan)

Story goes this guy is selling for a freind who bought it from the snap on man in the 80's !!!

Can't wait to get it in the mail and share it on here !!!

JT
You do not have a soul, you are a soul, what you have is a body
Samb

Post by Samb »

Kershaw makes a nice reasonabley priced knife, think you'll like it.
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Another Kershaw/Snap-On collaboration.
Attachments
IMG_6861.edit1.edit1.edit1.edit1.jpg
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
JonTerry

Post by JonTerry »

Here it is guys,

No ref to Snap on apart from the story that it was purchased from the Snap On Man in the 80's

Solingen Kershaw Sambar beaut !!!

Enjoy lads..

JT
Attachments
k.jpg
k21.jpg
k23.jpg
k24.jpg
k25.jpg
C-WADE7
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by C-WADE7 »

Kershaw Leek off the truck.
Attachments
image.jpg
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Great acquisition Wade. Your first Leek?
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
C-WADE7
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by C-WADE7 »

jerryd6818 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:05 am Great acquisition Wade. Your first Leek?
I have had several. I edc’d a Leek for 10 years as my work knife and really liked it. The Leek was my first flipper style carry knife, I carried a Case Trapper every day before that.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Jon that knife is a keeper. Very nice stag on that one. Not surprised that Snap On wouldn’t want to take away from the looks on that knife. It’s possible the Snap On driver and rep sold a few on the side while out and about. Snap On is a great company. I’ve owned stock in them for many years and follow their developments. They have helped our military with many innovations over the years and I have always appreciated that about them. Don’t mean to divert this thread, just thought I’d put in a good word for them because of all the great things they have done over the years.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
JonTerry

Post by JonTerry »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:55 am Jon that knife is a keeper. Very nice stag on that one. Not surprised that Snap On wouldn’t want to take away from the looks on that knife. It’s possible the Snap On driver and rep sold a few on the side while out and about. Snap On is a great company. I’ve owned stock in them for many years and follow their developments. They have helped our military with many innovations over the years and I have always appreciated that about them. Don’t mean to divert this thread, just thought I’d put in a good word for them because of all the great things they have done over the years.
Sure is !!!

Do we know if this was made by Puma ??? I have read rumours around the Web that this was the case ??

You may recall I'm attempting to collect the old Solingen Explorer Brand lockbacks that Gutmann were getting made by the same Factory thaat Puma contracted thier own Lockbacks to. This Kershaw does have the same feel to be honest

Cheers

JT
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Jon, I don’t know who made this. Does it say Germany on the tang stamp? All I can make out is Kershaw on the front tang. The back tang is too small and far away to blow up, it just gets pixelated. If it says Germany then you are probably right. It does have the looks of a Puma with those proud pins.
I had wondered at first if this was Japanese made? Master Tak Fukuta made a knife very similar many years ago.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
JonTerry

Post by JonTerry »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:35 am Jon, I don’t know who made this. Does it say Germany on the tang stamp? All I can make out is Kershaw on the front tang. The back tang is too small and far away to blow up, it just gets pixelated. If it says Germany then you are probably right. It does have the looks of a Puma with those proud pins.
I had wondered at first if this was Japanese made? Master Tak Fukuta made a knife very similar many years ago.
Yep it's German for sure, check out the rear Tang Stamps.

If these rumours are ture about Kershaw/Puma then I would say this is one of them I reckon, unless anybody knows of another Solingen maker that worked with Kershaw in the 80's ???

Cheers

JT
Attachments
tangk2.jpg
tangk4.jpg
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

In the 1980s Kershaw had a lot of knives made in Germany. I think their German knives were some of their best looking knives, especially those with stag.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan

Return to “Kershaw Knife Forum”