Does Anyone EDC a Kershaw or two?

Kershaw began its foray into the knife business sometime during 1974. The company was originally based in Portland Oregon, but most early knives were manufactured in Japan. The first US manufacturing plant was opened in 1997 & the company currently offers knives made in the U.S., Japan, & China. Pete Kershaw (an ex Gerber salesman) started the business.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Does Anyone EDC a Kershaw or two?

Post by orvet »

I have been hooked on Kershaw's since I managed to cutlery store in the 1980s. As a matter of fact we have a few in the smoke shop before we set the cutlery store up and I think that was where I got hooked. While Turkey was the one that may me A full on Kershaw addict, Followed by the Leek, The Blur, and some of their high-tech versions.
Here are some that I EDC. I almost always have at least one Kershaw on me at all times simply because it's a tool I use in my shop on a daily basis. When I first was introduced to Kershaw Pete still on the company and Kai made the knives. Then Kai bought the company and Pete Kershaw ran the company. About that time, they moved from Lake Oswego to Wilsonville Oregon and a short while later from Wilsonville to Tualatin Oregon, where their US factory is located today.

By no means is this all the Kershaw's I own these are just the ones that I keep in a drawer so I can grab them quickly if I decide I want a different knife for the day. The drawer also contains several Benchmade, Al Mar knives and a lot of old slip joints.

These are the majority of my EDC Kershaws.
Kershaw EDCs -1.jpg
Kershaw EDCs - 2.jpg
Kershaw Big Joe EDC.jpg
Kershaw Money Clips.jpg

I hope you enjoy the pictures and post your EDC Kershaw's!
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Does Anyone EDC a Kershaw or two?

Post by Quick Steel »

Dale, you are showing a lot of brand loyalty. My two favorite Kershaws are in the second picture from the top; the two that you modified. Those are exceptionally good looking knives.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

I don't have a lot of Kershaw's but this one is one of my favorites to carry.
They call it a Culpepper Jackknife. Stainless Steel blade and G-10 handles.
20200803_161025.jpg
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
robpa

Post by robpa »

My EDC is a Rexford design...3871?. In my better go to town pants is a Leek. Both brothers and 1 son also EDC a Leek. Damn good pieces. They are pocketed just below the S&W Shield.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

I carried a LEEK for many years but for the last 6 or so years it's been a Chill

I also really like these two: Wild Turkey & Big Joe with smooth white bone
PC230021.JPG
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

orvet wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:05 am I have been hooked on Kershaw's since I managed to cutlery store in the 1980s. As a matter of fact we have a few in the smoke shop before we set the cutlery store up and I think that was where I got hooked. While Turkey was the one that may me A full on Kershaw addict, Followed by the Leek, The Blur, and some of their high-tech versions.
Here are some that I EDC. I almost always have at least one Kershaw on me at all times simply because it's a tool I use in my shop on a daily basis. When I first was introduced to Kershaw Pete still on the company and Kai made the knives. Then Kai bought the company and Pete Kershaw ran the company. About that time, they moved from Lake Oswego to Wilsonville Oregon and a short while later from Wilsonville to Tualatin Oregon, where their US factory is located today.

By no means is this all the Kershaw's I own these are just the ones that I keep in a drawer so I can grab them quickly if I decide I want a different knife for the day. The drawer also contains several Benchmade, Al Mar knives and a lot of old slip joints.

These are the majority of my EDC Kershaws.

Kershaw EDCs -1.jpg
Kershaw EDCs - 2.jpg
Kershaw Big Joe EDC.jpg
Kershaw Money Clips.jpg

I hope you enjoy the pictures and post your EDC Kershaw's!
I don't actually carry a knife on a daily basis Dale, but I'm looking at an all-metal Wild Turkey on ebay for $115. to add to my collection, is that a decent price? ::shrug:: Thx! 8)
8)
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

I have several Kershaw's, all SpeedSafe.
I should take pictures of that herd ..... ::facepalm::
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
Nev52

Post by Nev52 »

I have these 3 small knives.
Scallion USA Made
Chive USA Made
2410 Japan.
Kershaw scallion.jpg
Kershaw scallion.jpg (36.66 KiB) Viewed 3254 times
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Madmarco wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:48 pm I don't actually carry a knife on a daily basis Dale, but I'm looking at an all-metal Wild Turkey on ebay for $115. to add to my collection, is that a decent price? ::shrug:: Thx! 8)

I would say so, I think it is about as low as I have seen the price on one and not necessarily a new one either.
IIRC, I have seen them NIB for $150.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

orvet wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:03 pm
Madmarco wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:48 pm I don't actually carry a knife on a daily basis Dale, but I'm looking at an all-metal Wild Turkey on ebay for $115. to add to my collection, is that a decent price? ::shrug:: Thx! 8)

I would say so, I think it is about as low as I have seen the price on one and not necessarily a new one either.
IIRC, I have seen them NIB for $150.
Thank you for that info Dale! ::handshake:: This is a used one, but appears to be in perfect condition. Think I'll pull the trigger! HNY! 8)
8)
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I found some more Kershaw's that I use, though the first knife in the top picture Is a backup spare in case one of my other Tonto Blurs malfunction.
The bottom one in that picture is a Wild Turkey with the Damascus blade. Absolutely a favorite, I wish Kershaw made more Damascus steel!

The large knife in the bottom picture is a Zero Tolerance by Kershaw. Great knife, very smooth, very bulky and heavy.
Attachments
More Kershaw EDCs 1.jpg
More Kershaw EDCs 2.jpg
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

orvet wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:15 pm I found some more Kershaw's that I use, though the first knife in the top picture Is a backup spare in case one of my other Tonto Blurs malfunction.
The bottom one in that picture is a Wild Turkey with the Damascus blade. Absolutely a favorite, I wish Kershaw made more Damascus steel!

The large knife in the bottom picture is a Zero Tolerance by Kershaw. Great knife, very smooth, very bulky and heavy.
Great group of knives Dale! ::tu:: 8)
8)
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Very nice collection brother!
Kershaw sure has made awesome knives over the years, & then add the whole ZT side of things.

Finally took the plunge on the OD Green Natrix, on sale for 40% off. 10-buck shipping all the way for Vancouver, not bad IMB.
Attachments
ks7007ol---kershaw-natrix-olive-ks7007ol.jpg
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
JackBlade

Post by JackBlade »

My Kershaw Fiber
F6037614-975F-43F9-9000-A98CECAA9A4E.jpeg
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

JackBlade wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 3:21 pm My Kershaw Fiber F6037614-975F-43F9-9000-A98CECAA9A4E.jpeg
Very nice Jack! I really like the design of the Fiber... ::tu::
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Yes! ::nod::
Attachments
DSCF5001.JPG
DSCF5004.JPG
DSCF5005.JPG
DSCF5006.JPG
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Sweet USA made Kershaw, GSP. 😎👍🇺🇲
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

That's a good 'un!
::tu::
Winston Churchill

cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Most of my Kershaws had messes of blade grinds, and I had Kershaw rework them.

These are the three I carry at present.

Scallion--general EDC. No bigger or smaller than I need, and opens in a flash. The tip lock means it won't open in my pocket.
100_0943.JPG
Delly Wade Officer, secondary carry/around the house. Small, fairly light, and sharp.
100_0944.JPG
Good Buddy. A recent purchase for peanuts, I fell in love with its ergonomics and blade selection for a sub-three-inch knife. Like the DWO, it excels at being both a light-duty EDC and a secondary carry to a larger knife.

I really like the Good Buddy's blade selection, but I'd prefer the blade layout of Dale's knife with the same two blades, but opening from different sides of the knife, and with a straighter frame. The curved frame is really weird when I'm trying to turn a screw with it.
100_0945.JPG
A-100--farm/DIY/work. Locking pliers, an outside accessible blade, a file, hacksaw, and a decent assortment of screwdrivers, it gets the job done alongside a Swiss Army pattern and regular pliers.

I chose this one over the Leatherman Crunch and Schrade/Vise Grip collaborations. The A-100 has a lock release for the pliers, and has decent drivers. I don't have to assemble it either, like the Crunch. The Tough Tool has really bad screwdrivers, and I knew the Tough Grips had the same drivers.

They are often hard to find and expensive. I spent just under $100 on a lo of four broken ones. I swapped parts to get two good tools, and then traded the leftover parts. The second tool was given to a mechanic buddy of mine who keeps it in his truck.
100_0947.JPG

And last, but not least, the Funxion EMT--a dirty work beater. It's a Chinese-made model, something I tend to avoid, but it's taken a beating. Normally, it isn't a knife I'd buy, but a member on the store had listed the Funxion and a Buck 379 for a dollar each as an introductory deal, and I bought both (for the grand total of under $10 with shipping). The blade is a semi-sheepsfoot partially serrated design that works well. It also has a seatbelt cutter blade, which I use for cutting baler twine.

This version was a lot cheaper than the normal one--which has aluminum handles (with rubber inserts) and an 8Cr blade. This version is 3Cr and has plastic handles. It was a Walmart exclusive.
KIMG0270 (2020-04-16T14_20_08.000).JPG

Return to “Kershaw Knife Forum”