Kershaw Leeks

Kershaw began its foray into the knife business sometime during 1974. The company was originally based in Portland Oregon, but most early knives were manufactured in Japan. The first US manufacturing plant was opened in 1997 & the company currently offers knives made in the U.S., Japan, & China. Pete Kershaw (an ex Gerber salesman) started the business.
9ball

Re: Kershaw Leeks

Post by 9ball »

tjmurphy

That is not a photo of a Leek the seller has with his BIN description.
Reckon they know?

9ball :lol:
My Oath as an American Army Soldier did not come with an expiration date.
tjmurphy

Post by tjmurphy »

I was wondering that. Thought that maybe just the angle of the photo.
"There are none so blind as those that refuse to see"

God Bless America - Though I don't know why he would want to.
9ball

Post by 9ball »

Not that it really matters, I was just reffering to what oldblinddog was saying. I found the prices all over the place also and some of these Kershaws listed were not even on Kershaw website, for instance there is one with a rainbow trout and another with an American flag. I saw alot of cutting and pasting going on also with sellers moving volume of inventory/knives (some less than wholesale) and cannot see how these folks can make a buck unless it is on the high end stuff. But that another tale. When I was looking for my Leek I found that they usually sell for less that 25 on Tuesday nights. That is what and when I set my sniper program to bid.
After it was over my high bid was $23.50 + $2.95 S&H. My is the 1660ST. USA made(?), but box/paperwork "Printed in China" ::paranoid::

On watch/mission today so my spelling may be a little off.

Later,
9ball :)
My Oath as an American Army Soldier did not come with an expiration date.
oldblinddog
Location: South of the Red, North of the Trinity, sometimes on the North Platte.

Post by oldblinddog »

The specs say it is a leek but the knife pictured is a scallion. ::shrug::

Return to “Kershaw Knife Forum”