Kershaw Talon

Kershaw began its foray into the knife business sometime during 1974. The company was originally based in Portland Oregon, but most early knives were manufactured in Japan. The first US manufacturing plant was opened in 1997 & the company currently offers knives made in the U.S., Japan, & China. Pete Kershaw (an ex Gerber salesman) started the business.
pat dedmon

Re: Kershaw Talon

Post by pat dedmon »

I have ben trying to find a kershaw talon plain edge. If you know where i can find one,please let me know.

Pat Dedmon

chaboy@sbcglobal.net
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

The only ones I have seen lately are on ebay.

Dale
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

“In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” - George Orwell
TJT

Post by TJT »

IIRC, Talons were made in the mid- late 90's.
After they were discontinued, they were highly coveted by some of us for their use in the Pikal
methodology popularized by Don Rearic, SouthNarc, and others on certain self defense forums.
Here's a link to an article from the early 2000's that shed a little light on them:
http://www.donrearic.com/southerncomfort.html
There are still quite a few people who are willing to shed some money for a good one, especially the
modified ones.
Thanks, Terry
Toejammer

Post by Toejammer »

I bought one of those .22 cal Kershaws off the Snap - On truck in 1985. Really cool looking, especially with the holster, but impractical as stated. I always regretted letting it go, been trying to find one ever since.
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
Bruce Lee

Return to “Kershaw Knife Forum”