More Accolades For Kershaw Customer Service

Kershaw began its foray into the knife business sometime during 1974. The company was originally based in Portland Oregon, but most early knives were manufactured in Japan. The first US manufacturing plant was opened in 1997 & the company currently offers knives made in the U.S., Japan, & China. Pete Kershaw (an ex Gerber salesman) started the business.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

More Accolades For Kershaw Customer Service

Post by jerryd6818 »

I had an opportunity to pick up a Kershaw Chive from Scott (TripleF) that had been made in 2003 (June I think), carried and used quite a bit and had several issues. I sent it to Kershaw for repair (see repair order below) and got it back today (three weeks later). WOWSER!!

They repaired each and everyone of that eleven year old knife's listed issues and even one I hadn't listed. The late lockup was fixed by installing a NEW BLADE, which normally costs $10, all at no cost to me outside the shipping to them.

Thanks Kershaw. You guys are the best!
Kershaw Chive Repair Order Redacted.jpg
Attachments
Kershaw Chive 1620RD - Open.JPG
Kershaw Chive 1620RD - Closed Mark.JPG
Kershaw Chive 1620RD - Closed Pile.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
wazu013

Re: More Accolades For Kershaw Customer Service

Post by wazu013 »

Outstanding ::tu:: They turned that into a heck of a nice user!!
I ordered screws for a ZT knife. 2 weeks later I got a plastic bag with pivot parts, PB washers, torsion bar and all the torx screws that hold it together.I was able to give the knife an easy face lift.
I have to add that they make their knives pretty easy to pull apart and fix just about everything :)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: More Accolades For Kershaw Customer Service

Post by philco »

Rock On!!!! ::tu::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009

Return to “Kershaw Knife Forum”