A Few New Kershaws for tha' pile****

Kershaw began its foray into the knife business sometime during 1974. The company was originally based in Portland Oregon, but most early knives were manufactured in Japan. The first US manufacturing plant was opened in 1997 & the company currently offers knives made in the U.S., Japan, & China. Pete Kershaw (an ex Gerber salesman) started the business.
big monk

A Few New Kershaws for tha' pile****

Post by big monk »

I'm getting as bad as JerryD , about them dang Kershaw knives ::dang:: --- well, maybe not quite that bad ::paranoid:: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

had some idle time on hand today and I ended up on the computer,playing on e-bay -- found a few Kershaw USA that I liked,sooooo^^^^ since it was,July 28 ""National You Gotta' Buy A Knife Day"" -- I went shopping !!!!!! ::shrug:: -- stole these pictures,but will take some "real life type"" when they arrive :) ------- PS, I also bought a Ganzo F7511 in orange ( the flipper is the same style as the Kershaw Speed-Safe,that I like**** )

1.Ganzo China F7511 ( 440C steel )
2.Kershaw USA Blur (BDZ-1 steel )
3.Kershaw USA Whirlwind ( 14C28N steel )
4.Kershaw USA Dividend ( 420HC steel )
Attachments
Ganzo Firebird F7511  440C.jpg
Kershaw USA 1670 Blur,Tanto BDZ-1.jpg
Kershaw USA 1560sw Whirlwind Sandvik 14C28N.png
Kershaw USA  1812 Dividend  420HC.jpg
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: A Few New Kershaws for tha' pile****

Post by QTCut5 »

You did well, big monk...those are some fine knives, indeed. Now that you've been bitten by the Kershaw bug, the sky's the limit...so many models...such reasonable prices...and with that SpeedSafe, they're so much fun to open...once you get started it's hard to quit. I used to sit in front of the TV opening & closing, opening & closing, opening & closing, etc. for hours...the constant flipping & clicking drove my wife so crazy she went out and bought herself a TV so she could watch in another room.

~Q~
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
big monk

Post by big monk »

Thanks QT --- seems I pick up my flippers & autos more and more each day,as I head out tha' door** -- just so ""EZ"" to open,and quick too !!!! ::ds::

I have been buying a few of the older Case folders lately, but just don't carry them much. ( they display nice** ) -- That older Case Red Bone still stirs the blood up !!!! ___________________ have a great day my friends, Monk ::ds::

MONK****
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Ya see, Monkey Man. I tole ya the bug was still there. Maybe dormant but there none the less. Excellent choices each and every one of them, even the Ganzo. By the by, what's the pattern on that Ganzo? I really like the profile of the blade and maybe I can find one that's not a Tanto.

Take a peek in the Leek thread ( viewtopic.php?f=92&t=50248&p=662018#p662018 ) to see today's addition to the pile.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
big monk

Post by big monk »

jerryd6818 wrote:Ya see, Monkey Man. I tole ya the bug was still there. Maybe dormant but there none the less. Excellent choices each and every one of them, even the Ganzo. By the by, what's the pattern on that Ganzo? I really like the profile of the blade and maybe I can find one that's not a Tanto.

Take a peek in the Leek thread ( viewtopic.php?f=92&t=50248&p=662018#p662018 ) to see today's addition to the pile.
Yep, you still got ""Tha Fever / Bug"" --- nice bunch of Leeks !!!!

pattern for the Ganzo is F7511-OR -- ( Ganzo has a drop point blade ::hmm:: ) made in three (3) colors

I have had really good luck buying from this seller_ link***

( https://www.ebay.com/str/botdcypher2009 ... 7675.l2563 )
best price on ebay ( USA ) and he ships fast !!!
Attachments
Ganzo G7511.jpg

MONK****
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

So far, I've had good luck with FastTech. They're about $4 cheaper and for coming from Asia, the shipping is free and pretty fast. You suckered me into ordering a Ganzo 7562 and a 7511.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

Return to “Kershaw Knife Forum”