Kershaws,came in the mail today !!!

Kershaw began its foray into the knife business sometime during 1974. The company was originally based in Portland Oregon, but most early knives were manufactured in Japan. The first US manufacturing plant was opened in 1997 & the company currently offers knives made in the U.S., Japan, & China. Pete Kershaw (an ex Gerber salesman) started the business.
big monk

Kershaws,came in the mail today !!!

Post by big monk »

They look better in hand !!!! even got a bonus knife with the order :) my photos**** ::tu:: --had to choose one,so the Orange Ganzo is in my pocket!!

1.1670 Purple Blur
2.1560 Black Whirlwind
3.1812 Black Dividend
4.1304 Black-Wash Framelock (bonus knife**)
5.Ganzo F7511 Orange
Attachments
IMG_2914 (2).JPG
IMG_2906 (2).JPG
IMG_2900 (2).JPG
IMG_2927 (2).JPG
IMG_2891 (2).JPG
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Kershaws,came in the mail today !!!

Post by jerryd6818 »

What a coincidence, Monkey Man. I have one of those Ganzo 7511s on it's way to me. Let me know what you think of it.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
big monk

Post by big monk »

Will do my friend !!!! ::tu:: ___ I feel like I will be pleased,as I really like the "'Speed-Safe"" opening feature of the Kershaw knives*__ some of the knives with thumb studs & axis lock, give this old man a fit, trying to ""flip-open !!!! ::shrug:: the Speed-Safe opener is one reason I got that 7511 :) ____ that and it was ""CLEMSON ORANGE"""

I did get a surprise on the Blur & the Whirlwind ,as they are "spring assisted" only and I thought they had the "speed-safe" feature _____ but I found that both snap open,very, very easy with the thumb stud* :) and was happy** __________have a great day guys, Monk** ::tu::

MONK****
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

big monk wrote: I did get a surprise on the Blur & the Whirlwind ,as they are "spring assisted" only and I thought they had the "speed-safe" feature _____ but I found that both snap open,very, very easy with the thumb stud* :) ::tu::
They both snap open very, very easily because they are both built with the "SpeedSafe" feature. Marked on the Blur's handle and the Whirlwind's blade. It's right under "Kershaw". That should make you even happier.

I'm glad to find out the 7511 is assisted opening. I didn't know that. That's a bonus. Both of the Ganzo's I bought are "Clemson Orange". :lol: :lol:
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

Hmm - I have a Ganzo 7511 and it is not assisted. As far as I know, Ganzo doesn't make an assisted knife. I think what big monk meant is that he bought the 7511 because it is a flipper with a liner lock, not a thumb stud with an axis lock.
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Nice SCORE there monk!!! 8) John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

TwoFlowersLuggage wrote:Hmm - I have a Ganzo 7511 and it is not assisted. As far as I know, Ganzo doesn't make an assisted knife. I think what big monk meant is that he bought the 7511 because it is a flipper with a liner lock, not a thumb stud with an axis lock.
Well sugar booger. Don't that beat all. I just discovered I bought a Leek I already have and now I have to return it so I can get another color. Now you tell me that Ganzo is a flipper. I think I'm going to go back to bed and try and start this day over. ::disgust::
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

Just put the extra Leek in a drawer on the other side of the house. That way, you'll never see the two of them together and you'll keep thinking you only own one... ::tounge::
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

TwoFlowersLuggage wrote:Just put the extra Leek in a drawer on the other side of the house. That way, you'll never see the two of them together and you'll keep thinking you only own one... ::tounge::
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ::tu:: :lol: :lol: John :D

big monk

Post by big monk »

TwoFlowersLuggage wrote:Hmm - I have a Ganzo 7511 and it is not assisted. As far as I know, Ganzo doesn't make an assisted knife. I think what big monk meant is that he bought the 7511 because it is a flipper with a liner lock, not a thumb stud with an axis lock.
Yep -- I think that is what I meant too ::dang:: ____ I can tell,this getting old is gona' be interesting, the older I get ::ds:: ::ds::

PS ____ used the 7511 several time today,and I likkyyy it oh so mooch !!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Attachments
Happy_Monk.jpg

MONK****
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Well.. I pre-ordered a Copper handled Natrix back in March.. Still waiting for it so I hope to add thatun to this thread SOON!!! ::nod:: :lol: ::tu:: John :D

TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Knice haul bro!!!! ::tu::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb

Return to “Kershaw Knife Forum”