Kershaw Launch 4 CA

Kershaw began its foray into the knife business sometime during 1974. The company was originally based in Portland Oregon, but most early knives were manufactured in Japan. The first US manufacturing plant was opened in 1997 & the company currently offers knives made in the U.S., Japan, & China. Pete Kershaw (an ex Gerber salesman) started the business.
Toejammer

Kershaw Launch 4 CA

Post by Toejammer »

Got one of these the other day. Whatever you do, do not let the wife play with it or you'll never see it again ! I heard the phrase "it's so damn cute !" and that's the last I saw of it.

Got to order a new one ....

A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
Bruce Lee
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Kershaw Launch 4 CA

Post by jerryd6818 »

I'll be dipped. It's an automatic, isn't it. Your wife was right. No wonder you lost control of it.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Ha!!! ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol::

They are sweet autos, USA made too! ::tu::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Toejammer wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:13 am Got one of these the other day. Whatever you do, do not let the wife play with it or you'll never see it again ! I heard the phrase "it's so damn cute !" and that's the last I saw of it.

Mind if I ask what they sell for?
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

OLDE CUTLER wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:57 pm
Toejammer wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:13 am Got one of these the other day. Whatever you do, do not let the wife play with it or you'll never see it again ! I heard the phrase "it's so damn cute !" and that's the last I saw of it.

Mind if I ask what they sell for?
About $82. at SMKW O.C.! 8)
8)
Toejammer

Post by Toejammer »

I gave $79.95 at Blade HQ :mrgreen:
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
Bruce Lee
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

Nice Kershaw Toejammer. Thanks for sharing that.
Boker makes some similar to this. However, I like your Kershaw better.
Two inch (2") and under Automatic blade is legal in California. ::groove::
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

I had two of the Launch knives in my store a few months back and they didn’t last 24 hours before they both sold. I got to play with them both and was very impressed. There isn’t a Launch knife that is a disappointment, they are all good.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

There was one here used earlier for about $50. Almost bought it myself--I still see a TON of autos around here. While autos aren't supposed to be legal in my state, law enforcement knows they have more important things to do. In their view, any knife is legal as long as you're not using it for illegal activity and are not a convicted felon. Which is the way it ought to be nationwide, and thus Knife Rights carry laws--unfortunately, while my state has never even considered Knife Rights laws like nearby neighbor TN has and passed; we almost legalized autos, and the governor vetoed the bill.

I like a small knife, about 3 1/2" closed or smaller. For most EDC jobs, it is really all you need. Colonial has a few autos this size as well, but again, I don't bother due to the murkiness of their legality in my state. Oh well, the Chive is pretty close to being an auto with its strong assist spring. Just wish Kershaw made a little bit lighter model.
NorthTX

Post by NorthTX »

I bought a Launch 4 and liked it so much I ended up buying all of the Launch series autos over the past two years. The only one I can't find is the Launch 13. My normal source GrabAGun says they only get three or four at a time and they're gone before I can get there. BladeHQ and SMKW never have any.
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

NorthTX wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:17 am I bought a Launch 4 and liked it so much I ended up buying all of the Launch series autos over the past two years. The only one I can't find is the Launch 13. My normal source GrabAGun says they only get three or four at a time and they're gone before I can get there. BladeHQ and SMKW never have any.
I have many of the Launch Auto's.
The Kershaw Launch 13 Automatic Knife Black (3.5" Two-Tone) 7650 is available now at Blade HQ .com (Online Only) for $119.00
As of 1/14/22. 10:45 PM Pacific Time. Better hurry though.

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Kershaw-L ... fe--117323

Kershaw Launch 13.jpg
Dan
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
NorthTX

Post by NorthTX »

Scored one, thank you. Half the fun of collecting knives is tracking them down.

Return to “Kershaw Knife Forum”