Kershaw Dividends discontinued

Kershaw began its foray into the knife business sometime during 1974. The company was originally based in Portland Oregon, but most early knives were manufactured in Japan. The first US manufacturing plant was opened in 1997 & the company currently offers knives made in the U.S., Japan, & China. Pete Kershaw (an ex Gerber salesman) started the business.
Iowaboy

Kershaw Dividends discontinued

Post by Iowaboy »

I have had a Kershaw Dividend with the glass-filled nylon handle, model 1812, for a couple years, and really like the knife. For the cost it is an American made bargain, in my opinion, and just happens to fit my preferred flipper size and features. And I really like speedsafe.

I was surprised to notice the other day that on Kershaw's website both the standard 1812 GRY with aluminum handles, and the 1812 with black glass-filled nylon handles are both listed as discontinued. The only one listed as "active" is the OCLD model, with the composite blade and OD green scales. Pretty cool looking knife, thinking about getting one, but still.

I went there in the first place because I saw some really good prices on the 1812 at Menards, with a rebate, and I thought why is an already really good priced knife now discounted, and I guess it is because they are discontinued. Though sometimes that drives the price up.

Does anyone on the Kershaw forum know why these are being discontinued? I know it's almost always they don't sell enough, or they aren't making money on them, but it kind of shocked me.

Return to “Kershaw Knife Forum”