I am not so smrt….

The first Robeson knives were imported by Millard Robeson from England and Germany exclusively. This continued from 1979 until 1896 when Robeson began manufacturing knives in the United States. Since inception, the company has gone through several reorganizations & eventually ended up as a Queen Cutlery brand.
MT-Vessel

I am not so smrt….

Post by MT-Vessel »

I posted this in Knife Finds of the Day…. But this is a better spot to seek input.
Apologies if reposting is a sin.
I scooped a rusty bare headed jack from the junker bin at a local antique shop for $3 Canadian :D After a bit of a scrub it revealed (on the clip blade) itself to be a Robeson/Shuredge/Rochester ::ds:: The pen blade is stamped Robeson/Cut Co. There is no model number. The scales are a composite that looks like horn. The liners, and maybe the bolsters, are steel. It is a bit over 3 1/4” closed.
Any further information about this knife will be appreciated.
Thanks,
J
Attachments
CA4EE69F-E569-4D90-B8A9-7140CE523BB5.jpeg
7C382265-0864-42F4-8A05-1889797B509C.jpeg
Empty vessels make the most noise...
BWT

Re: I am not so smrt….

Post by BWT »

Can’t help you J with any information,sorry. Great find though especially the price ::tu:: ::tu::
Bill
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

J that is a good find. Very sweet old knife. ::nod::
MT-Vessel

Post by MT-Vessel »

Thanks.
The great resource that is AAPK has added to what I know about this little knife. It is from 1922-1939 based on the wording of the tang stamp. It may be a model 32140, but shows no sign of a model # stamp.
It sharpened up beautifully and fits in my pocket nicely. :D
J
Empty vessels make the most noise...
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

I think the handles are what some of us consider to be an early form of Micarta.

Sweet little knife for three bucks.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter

Return to “Robeson Cutlery Company Collector's Forum”