Need Robeson name shield

The first Robeson knives were imported by Millard Robeson from England and Germany exclusively. This continued from 1979 until 1896 when Robeson began manufacturing knives in the United States. Since inception, the company has gone through several reorganizations & eventually ended up as a Queen Cutlery brand.
Tarheelnative

Need Robeson name shield

Post by Tarheelnative »

I'm reaching out to see if anyone has or knows where I can get a Robeson name shield. The knife is a Robeson strawberry bone sleeve board. I love this old knife and I'm grieving over losing the name shield. Any help would be appreciated.

Scott
Attachments
IMG_20190626_211330158.jpg
FRJ

Re: Need Robeson name shield

Post by FRJ »

Welcome here, Tarheelnative.

That's too bad about loosing that shield. I hope you can get a replacement for it. Sorry, I can't help.
Is there a number on the back side of the main blade?
Joe
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Looks like a 622253 Senator.

Best bet is to buy a junker off Ebay that has a shield in place.

A good many Robeson knives from this era had the shields glued in place. They tend to fall out. ::facepalm::

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Tarheelnative wrote:I'm reaching out to see if anyone has or knows where I can get a Robeson name shield. The knife is a Robeson strawberry bone sleeve board. I love this old knife and I'm grieving over losing the name shield. Any help would be appreciated.

Scott
I feel your pain, especially with a old knife with a personal attachment. I have had to glue back shields i a few of my case knives, but at least i did not lose the shield. Good luck in getting a replacement. ::teary_eyes::
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
Byrd

Post by Byrd »

If this will work I'll send you the knife. I got it at a yard sale for $1. The number on the blade is 62215 something. I can't make out the last number. If you think it'll fit PM me your address and I'll send it to you.
Attachments
20190629_171140_HDR.jpg
If the thunder don't get you then the lightening will!
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Byrd wrote:If this will work I'll send you the knife. I got it at a yard sale for $1. The number on the blade is 62215 something. I can't make out the last number. If you think it'll fit PM me your address and I'll send it to you.
The good Karma bus will stop and pick you up. That is a very kind and good offer. You will be rewarded in kind at some point.Well done. :)
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

I think there were two different sized shields. Make sure its going to fit the bed.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Sidlow Baxter
Byrd

Post by Byrd »

The measurements on this shield are .792 long by .175 wide. Let me know if that's the size you need.
If the thunder don't get you then the lightening will!

Return to “Robeson Cutlery Company Collector's Forum”