What can I say I LIKE PocketEZE Folders

The first Robeson knives were imported by Millard Robeson from England and Germany exclusively. This continued from 1979 until 1896 when Robeson began manufacturing knives in the United States. Since inception, the company has gone through several reorganizations & eventually ended up as a Queen Cutlery brand.
Duffer

What can I say I LIKE PocketEZE Folders

Post by Duffer »

I have been picking up Robeson Pocket Eze folders when ever I spotted a nice example(s). Many thanks to Charlie Noyes who sold me around 10 superior examples when he was selling off his many year impressive collection of Robeson knives a couple or few years ago. Still think he has some? I am still looking for primo examples. Anyway, I hesitated to post this group shot thinking it would be interpreted as braggadocios but I am thrilled to be so fortunate to have accumulated some very nice examples and wanted to share. Ever since I saw that oval like shield with the red enamel background I was hooked! I have other Robeson folders but the Pocket Eze line is my absolute favorite ::nod:: My first Robeson Pocket Eze I found maybe ten years ago was a large dogleg Jack (3 & 3/4 inches) with slanted bolsters and worm groove jigged bone handles (622426). Robeson made or had made some of the finest jigged handles that look so random at times as to make you think they were an act of God or nature produced. The shield underwent some changes over the years and these examples in the attached photo show at least four different types including how Pocket Eze was presented in the shield—see if you can spot them. Thanks for looking!
Attachments
CE9EFF7E-F229-467A-BEB5-656B83A217D0.jpeg
Lloyd
Doc B

Re: What can I say I LIKE PocketEZE Folders

Post by Doc B »

Beautiful collection, there, Lloyd!!! Excuse me while I go wipe the drool. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by stockman »

Nice Lloyd, glad you posted them. Harold
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Lloyd,quite a nice group! ::tu::
Roger
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Impressive! ::tu::
David
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

I think it's a fabulous group of knives and I think you are right to show them.
What a pleasure to look at them all.
Joe
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

What a fine pile of knives!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
WVbladetrade
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by WVbladetrade »

Nice Pocketeze pieces are getting hard to find.......and you sure have some great examples. Like you I am

Always looking to increase my pocketeze's.
Tom
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Lloyd, if you didn't show them how could we see them? I think it is a great looking group of knives. I identified 3 different shields. Great collection. ::nod:: ::tu::
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Terrific pile you have there !!
But, they deserve individual pictures ....
:)
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
BWT

Post by BWT »

Very very nice Lloyd, thanks for sharing them,they are beautiful !! ::tu:: ::tu::
Bill
Beavertail

Post by Beavertail »

Duffer wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:48 am I have been picking up Robeson Pocket Eze folders when ever I spotted a nice example(s). Many thanks to Charlie Noyes who sold me around 10 superior examples when he was selling off his many year impressive collection of Robeson knives a couple or few years ago. Still think he has some? I am still looking for primo examples. Anyway, I hesitated to post this group shot thinking it would be interpreted as braggadocios but I am thrilled to be so fortunate to have accumulated some very nice examples and wanted to share. Ever since I saw that oval like shield with the red enamel background I was hooked! I have other Robeson folders but the Pocket Eze line is my absolute favorite ::nod:: My first Robeson Pocket Eze I found maybe ten years ago was a large dogleg Jack (3 & 3/4 inches) with slanted bolsters and worm groove jigged bone handles (622426). Robeson made or had made some of the finest jigged handles that look so random at times as to make you think they were an act of God or nature produced. The shield underwent some changes over the years and these examples in the attached photo show at least four different types including how Pocket Eze was presented in the shield—see if you can spot them. Thanks for looking!
It's not bragging if you can back it up! ::tu::
Tim
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Duffer wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:48 am The shield underwent some changes over the years and these examples in the attached photo show at least four different types including how Pocket Eze was presented in the shield—see if you can spot them. Thanks for looking!
I'll take the challenge. Red background, black background, no background (unless you're talking about the long skinny shield, the really short shield, the medium length shield and the one in the middle with the points) and the one in the middle with the different shape shield. That's a fine, fine pile ya got there. You have every right to be proud of 'em.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Braggadocious?? Pictures of knives aren’t bragging! :lol:

Thanks for sharing. That’s an enviable collection and you should be proud to show them. ::tu::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Lloyd has managed to accumulate a superb collection of Robeson PocketEze knives, so much so, that even I am envious.

Some of the shields show a space between POCKET and EZE, some show it as one word.

Of particular note, the stockman second from top, center column, has bronze bearings, so it is also a MasterCraft knife.

Lloyd, you’ve done good and yes, I do have a few left.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
Duffer

Post by Duffer »

Thank you my friends for your kind sentiments and encouragement on my Pocket Eze collection—I appreciate it ::tu::

I will have more to say about these when I get over the flu :( I got the high dose flu shot for those 65 and older. Didn’t work for me I guess. Time to get under the covers I have the chills.

I hope each of you have a very Merry Christmas and a healthy and prosperous New Year!!
Lloyd
eveled

Post by eveled »

Nice collection for sure. Hope you fell better soon. Take care.

Return to “Robeson Cutlery Company Collector's Forum”