The Hubert Fischer Brewery Knife

The first Robeson knives were imported by Millard Robeson from England and Germany exclusively. This continued from 1979 until 1896 when Robeson began manufacturing knives in the United States. Since inception, the company has gone through several reorganizations & eventually ended up as a Queen Cutlery brand.
RobesonsRme.com

The Hubert Fischer Brewery Knife

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Saw this on Ebay today.

What a simple, but innovative little all metal knife from Robeson.

No idea who designed it or if it was unique to Robeson, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was theirs alone. They were known for such.

The back of the folded master blade acts as the "lifter' portion of a cap-lifter.

3 1/2" long closed.

Circa 1911 - 1921.

So cool.

I would love to own that knife, but the auction starts at $250.00.

Charlie Noyes
Attachments
Hubert Fischer Brewery1.jpeg
Hubert Fischer Brewery2.jpeg
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: The Hubert Fischer Brewery Knife

Post by 1967redrider »

That's cool, thanks for posting, Charlie. ::tu::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Quote from a Breweriana Website:

“ Hubert Fischer Brewery opened in 1886 and closed in 1920 it was open for 34 years. Items from breweries of this age tend to be more common and less valuable than some breweries. Early items can still be valuable as can rarer types of items. As a Pre-Prohibition Brewery, any advertising items or collectibles are likely to be valuable and desirable to collectors as they tend to be hard to find. Hubert Fischer Brewery was in an active brewing city. Hartford, CT was listed as having 9 breweries, which is quite a few. Sometimes a large number of breweries can lead to an active collecting community that will be willing to pay more for breweriana items than other collectors.”

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
ea42

Post by ea42 »

Charlie I spotted that knife yesterday as well. Thought it was the coolest thing I've seen in quite some time. Even saved the pics in case I ever have a mind to copy it. It's an incredibly unique opener for sure.

Eric

Return to “Robeson Cutlery Company Collector's Forum”