A Few Robeson

The first Robeson knives were imported by Millard Robeson from England and Germany exclusively. This continued from 1979 until 1896 when Robeson began manufacturing knives in the United States. Since inception, the company has gone through several reorganizations & eventually ended up as a Queen Cutlery brand.
BWT

A Few Robeson

Post by BWT »

I don’t really collect Robeson and didn’t realize I had this many until recently. There’s a couple Terriers in there as well.
Attachments
969AEE50-D960-43BA-AF42-E5DBA339E1AD.jpeg
Bill
Oledadsknives

Re: A Few Robeson

Post by Oledadsknives »

19 Robeson/Terriers, that’s a collection for sure and a nice one at that! ::handshake::
You can lead a person to wisdom, but you can’t make them think ::nod::
Where I am is where I’ll be!!
Jimbo
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

That's good looking collection of Robesons, Bill. ::tu::
I have that unusual pattern at top left. It's one of my favorites.
Joe
BWT

Post by BWT »

Thanks Jimbo and Joe. They are good solid knives. There’s a demonstrator and a woodcrafter in there too, at least I believe it’s called a woodcrafter? Thanks again.
Bill
Duffer

Post by Duffer »

Bill, I like your method! I don’t really collect knives and see what I come up with :lol: Very nice group of Robeson and Terrier folders!!
Lloyd
BWT

Post by BWT »

Thanks Lloyd. I don’t collect any certain makers,or patterns.Anything pre WW11.
Bill
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

Very nice collection of knives.

Bob
BWT

Post by BWT »

Thanks Bob ::handshake::
Bill
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

You have some really nice knives in that group.

The swayback jack, mid-right top row is a new pattern discovery to me, as is what appears to be a round bolstered congress with a MasterCraft shield. I’ve seen the pattern in bone and celluloid, but never as a MasterCraft.

You’ve done some very successful picking for one not really collecting Robeson knives.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
BWT

Post by BWT »

Thanks Charlie for your comments ::handshake:: Trust me it was only by luck not that I was looking for anything in particular! The swayback you are talking about is a Terrier. A friend of mine was in North Carolina at the old school knife store a few years back and brought that to me for a gift. The other knife I didn’t think it had been rehandled in bone? If it has been they did a good job.
Bill
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

There should be a pattern number on the Congress. If it starts with “6”, it left the factory with bone handles, most likely. There were mistakes made.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
BWT

Post by BWT »

I checked the tang and it says 643654 so I guess it’s good. The back handle has a small patch that takes away from it. It’s a nice solid,snappy knife except for the patch. I got it about three years ago for 40.00 the best I remember. The pen blade has patent applied for? There’s etching on it advertising oil less bearings but it’s hard to read. Thanks for your comments Charlie.
Attachments
64BEAC34-7637-4C12-8272-DE11F6FD3D76.jpeg
DE3DAD48-BF0C-499E-812E-EBFD6C686A61.jpeg
B3152F28-06B1-4A66-B334-0F3DA7095684.jpeg
Bill
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

First round bolstered Robeson congress I saw was brought into a dhow and very quickly changed hands three or four times.

By the time I saw it, the asking price was up to $900.00.

It was very nice, but not a MasterCraft.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Sidlow Baxter
Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Waukonda »

BWT wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:52 pm I don’t really collect Robeson and didn’t realize I had this many until recently. There’s a couple Terriers in there as well.
I was doing some routine knife maintenance and rediscovering some I had forgotten about. Similar to you, Bill, I had a few more Robeson than I realized. Hope you don't mind me joining in your thread.
The majority of these I aquired thanks to Mr. Roger Cunningham. The pearl Bartender's bottom right, has an older late 1800's stamp. Otherwise, I think they are all Shuredge era.
Attachments
20230723_081006.jpg
Ike
wv trapper

Post by wv trapper »

Thank you both for sharing your beautiful collections!!! ::tu::
"Mountaineers are Always Free"
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Very nice.

I suspect that bartender’s knife was imported in the 1890’s, probably from Germany.

I saw an identical knife years ago and the pearl handles were etched snd inked with some scrolls and BUDWEISER in fancy script or gothic letters.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Sidlow Baxter
BWT

Post by BWT »

Really nice Ike. Enjoyed looking at them, thanks for sharing. You never know what Roger might have?!
I hadn’t looked at this thread in a while or logged in.
Bill

Return to “Robeson Cutlery Company Collector's Forum”