BENCHMADE 10100 LFK

A place to discuss modern tactical knives like Benchmade, Spyderco, Kershaw, Cold Steel, CRKT, and more.
MITCH RAPP

BENCHMADE 10100 LFK

Post by MITCH RAPP »

8) Here's a different Discontinued Benchmade Knife, from my BM Heard. 10100 LFK.

"The LFK uses a patent pending mechanism that swings a “ tail fin,” which is housed in the handle, out to cover the closed tip of the blade. A benefit to this new design allows users to have a knife that has a large blade while being collapsible into the pocket or sheath. Most other knives with such a large blade (5 . 20 inches) to handle (5 .05 inches) ratio are manufactured as fixed blades that require a sheath to protect the sharpened portion of the knife."

"The new tail fin mechanism rotates open and closed in tandem with the blade allowing for a smooth, one-handed operation. The handle is machined aluminum with a soft and tacky Santoprene® overmold. The 10100 LFK utilizes a locking liner and comes standard with a tip-down pocket carry clip. The blade steel is 440C , and the blade style is a highly versatile clip-point." ::tu::
Attachments
BENCHMADE LFX.jpg
BENCHMADE  LFK.jpg
bm lfk.jpg
benchmade lfk.jpg
MITCH

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
"So far,So good...So What!" - Johnnie Samples
gino

Re: BENCHMADE 10100 LFK

Post by gino »

never saw that one before Mitch, its different and cool!
-( life is too short to carry a cheap knife )-
dcgm4

Post by dcgm4 »

Wow! I've never seen a Benchmade like that before. Great find! ::tu::
Dave

Always looking for vintage knives with Virginia, Maryland, or Washington D.C. tang stamps. Any condition.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

I think I've seen that design somewhere before and I like it. ::nod:: ::tu::
Attachments
1424206291902.jpg
1424206291902.jpg (9.32 KiB) Viewed 7282 times
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
junebug

Post by junebug »

TOO DAMN COOL, MITCH! 8) 8)
I WOULD HOLD ON TO THAT ONE...... ::nod::
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

8) Thats cool and looks comfortable ::nod::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
junebug

Post by junebug »

1967redrider wrote:I think I've seen that design somewhere before and I like it. ::nod:: ::tu::
REDR..........NICE!....IS THAT YERS?????? DO YOU KNOW MAKER???? 8) ::tu::
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
MITCH RAPP

Post by MITCH RAPP »

8) Thanks Guys! ::tu:: I wish now I had left it in the box instead of carrying it and scuffing it up some. ::shrug:: Don't think BM will resurrect this design anytime soon. It was probably a failed money making knife design for them.
MITCH

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
"So far,So good...So What!" - Johnnie Samples
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

junebug wrote:
1967redrider wrote:I think I've seen that design somewhere before and I like it. ::nod:: ::tu::
REDR..........NICE!....IS THAT YERS?????? DO YOU KNOW MAKER???? 8) ::tu::

Thanks, june, Marble's Safety Hunting knife. I'm partial to USA made Marble's outdoor gear. ::nod:: Nice to see a reputable USA knifemaker modernizing this design. ::tu::

Too bad it's discontinued but Mitch will be laughing all the way to the bank with the right Benchmade collector.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
WolfSpring

Post by WolfSpring »

MITCH RAPP wrote:8) Thanks Guys! ::tu:: I wish now I had left it in the box instead of carrying it and scuffing it up some. ::shrug:: Don't think BM will resurrect this design anytime soon. It was probably a failed money making knife design for them.

From what I've read it's part of the "Red Line" of benchmades, designed to target the crowd who didn't want to spend $100+ bucks. These were made in China or Taiwan, they all have 5 digit model numbers, and didn't take off like they hoped so they discontinued the whole line, kind of like the HK line now so you are probably right I don't see them resurrecting them, unless enough people asked for the design and even then it'd be redone with some higher quality materials and a huge price tag on them. Either way that is a great little gem there and the only one I know of someone owning outside of google searches, congrats on the find.

Return to “Modern Tactical Knives”