Triage with opposing bevel.

A place to discuss modern tactical knives like Benchmade, Spyderco, Kershaw, Cold Steel, CRKT, and more.
eveled

Triage with opposing bevel.

Post by eveled »

Found a flaw in the design of my new Triage. Not a super big deal, but it could be better. Hoping the folks at Benchmade will see this

Because it has an opposing bevel, and the tip is aligned with the handle, the blade looks like it has a twist. Unlike a besh wedge , the chisel tip is in line with the handle for prying. (It is also not sharpened on the triage). On a besh wedge the tip is diagonal to the handle, so the blade does not look twisted.

The top is sharpened on one side , the bottom sharpened on the other.

I think they are sharpened on the wrong sides for a right handed user. It is very easy to cut the tips of your fingers when closing the blade, because the blade is closer to that side of the knife. If I close it lefty, the tips of my fingers can be almost completely across the opening and they just get pushed to the side by the taper of the blade.

Also when slicing away from you, the bevel is on the wrong side, it is like using an upside down wood chisel.

It is essentially a left handed knife, except the hook cutter is placed for a righty.

Not bashing this knife in any way. It is a great knife, and a real workhorse.
danno50
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Triage with opposing bevel.

Post by danno50 »

eveled wrote:
Also when slicing away from you, the bevel is on the wrong side, it is like using an upside down wood chisel.

It is essentially a left handed knife
I am not familiar with the Triage or with a lot of your terminology (besh wedge?), however, I have an Emerson with a chisel grind on the wrong side for a right handed person as well. I like your description "like using an upside wood chisel". It is exactly like that.
Dan
Dan
eveled

Re: Triage with opposing bevel.

Post by eveled »

The new 365 Outlast has a similar blade with the opposing bevel. They switched the side so now it is correct for a right handed user. Somebody at Benchmade must have read this thread! Lol.
DF2C6906-BF04-4168-89F9-324A8F59B86A.png
2FD4ACEB-9FD6-4844-87A2-3CC39214710A.png

Return to “Modern Tactical Knives”