Why so many “slightly used” Benchmade on eBay

The Benchmade Knife Company, Inc. is a relatively new organization. It was founded in 1988 in California as a manufacturer of Bali-Song (butterfly knives). The business was moved to Oregon in 1990 where the company’s dedication to quality and customer service enabled it to grow rapidly and expand its product line. In the early 1990’s the Designer series was introduced, which laid the groundwork for what Benchmade has become today.
1967redrider
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Why so many “slightly used” Benchmade on eBay

Post by 1967redrider » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:39 pm

Enquiring minds want to know. ::nod::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Why so many “slightly used” Benchmade on eBay

Post by Sharpnshinyknives » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:32 pm

I gave up on following Benchmade knives shortly after I posted that back some time ago. So I could not say with any accuracy that there are more or less now.
Back then it seemed that half were listed as lightly carried or carried but never used. After I got burnt on a counterfeit Paragon, I really gave up on collecting anything I wasn’t absolutely certain about. It seems that tactical knives are the most counterfeited of the modern knives, maybe I’m wrong about that but that is what is sold on Ali Express and other counterfeit sites the most. I really feel badly for Chris Reeves, they counterfeit his knives like crazy.
So to answer the question, I don’t know. It does pay to do your homework before jumping in. And it pays to ask questions here first. TFL’s response back then turned me away from trying to collect Benchmade knives, so I’m really glad I asked here first.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan

Return to “Benchmade Knife Forum”