First Benchmade.

A place to discuss modern tactical knives like Benchmade, Spyderco, Kershaw, Cold Steel, CRKT, and more.
cody6268

First Benchmade.

Post by cody6268 »

Well, I've just bought my first Benchmade. While the vast majority of my traditional EDC knives are American made, I noticed my tacticals were not. The two I use the most are both made in China--a CRKT M16-10KS and a Tec-X Inceptra T. One is German, a Skedco Warfighter Extreme Medicine, made in Solingen by Eickhorn; and is issued in equipment carried by medevac helicopters in the military. I always liked the Benchmade Mini Griptillian. I like a knife under 4" (fits my hands better, and is less noticeable in public if I use it), and was really curious about the AXIS lock. Honestly, I like it a lot better that Benchmade is offering them in S30V as standard, and am adding one of those to my Christmas list. Preferably in modified sheepsfoot with a blue handle.

Recently, a member of another board had listed several more modern design knives (mostly fixed blades) for $50 each, as he was moving towards traditional knives. I was most interested in the 940 he had, but it had apparently already sold. I'd mentioned the Mini Griptillian, and he offered me this one, which had shown some use for $50. Seeing as most I have seen available for sale were $75, I figured it was a decent deal--even though to me, it seems to have been sharpened, and maybe even reprofiled to a thinner angle.

His photos, not mine. Can't wait to go in-depth over my first American tactical folder.
cZDVvj9.jpg
XssV17Y.jpg

This is the one I plan to buy; eventually. Built around being a hard work knife. I have made a few changes from the original build I did on the BM site about a year ago. From what I've seen, S30V is every bit as good (and some regard it as better) than D2. M4 is $5 more, super-tough, and comes already with the black coating I wanted. Though I may just go with the satin finish S30V blade and satin hardware throughout.

BLADE: Sheepsfoot serrated M4 High Speed Steel blade.
HANDLE: Orange FRN. May end up going with blue instead.
CLIP: Black Deep Carry
HARDWARE: All Black.
PRICE: $140 OUCH!
download_BMGC1.png[/attachment ][attachment=2]download_BMGC2.png
download_BMGC3.png
BMGC_4.png
Attachments
BMGC_4.png
download_BMGC1.png
download_BMGC2.png
Doc B

Re: First Benchmade.

Post by Doc B »

Great deal and great knife for $50! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

I carry a Benchmade every day. I think you will like it. And a great price. ::nod::
Cletus Awreetus

Post by Cletus Awreetus »

plain jane mini grip might be the best modern edc on the planet.
-the problem with society today is, no one drinks from the skulls of their dead enemies anymore..-
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

You gut that right Cletus ::tu::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
colin.p

Post by colin.p »

My first Benchmade was also a 556. I have since added several more, so be aware you may find yourself down the same rabbit hole with a lot less money in your pocket. ::shrug::
Attachments
Benchmade's July 2019.jpg
Hideaway Knives

Post by Hideaway Knives »

Nice one. Love the handle design

Return to “Modern Tactical Knives”