OFFICIAL Show yer PM1 & PM2 - C81 Para-Military

The first Spyderco knife was made in 1976 under the direction of Sal Glesser. The company started out as a traveling entity as Sal & his wife, Gail, traveled from show to show. The first permanent establishment was in Golden, Colorado where the company made its first folding knife in 1978. The company proudly touts their knives as being different, peculiar, even out there. "We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: OFFICIAL Show yer PM1 & PM2 - C81 Para-Military

Postby jerryd6818 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:31 pm

I talked about it with Josh in PMs but I see I never responded in this thread. Mia culpa.

"The difference" I can't tell is between one model of Spyderco and another. They all look alike to me except for the occasional handle material or handle color. Maybe if I was into Spydercos like y'all are I could identify the different models but I'm not and I can't. ::shrug::

As I told Josh, I'm not dis'n Spyderco's, it's just an observation. And I did buy one to see what they're all about. Bought an orange Delica at the factory store when I was out in CO a couple of years ago. Paid waaaaay more than I could have gotten it for off eBay just so I could say it came from the factory store. I guess you could say it's a souvenir of our trip to CO like the t-shirt from the Denver Hard Rock Cafe. :mrgreen:

I like the thumb hole in the blade much more than thumbstuds.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

aux80

Postby aux80 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:46 pm

jerryd6818 wrote:I talked about it with Josh in PMs but I see I never responded in this thread. Mia culpa.

"The difference" I can't tell is between one model of Spyderco and another. They all look alike to me except for the occasional handle material or handle color. Maybe if I was into Spydercos like y'all are I could identify the different models but I'm not and I can't. ::shrug::

As I told Josh, I'm not dis'n Spyderco's, it's just an observation. And I did buy one to see what they're all about. Bought an orange Delica at the factory store when I was out in CO a couple of years ago. Paid waaaaay more than I could have gotten it for off eBay just so I could say it came from the factory store. I guess you could say it's a souvenir of our trip to CO like the t-shirt from the Denver Hard Rock Cafe. :mrgreen:

I like the thumb hole in the blade much more than thumbstuds.

You nailed it man! It's all about the Spydie Hole! I never did care for thumb studs.
Attachments
image.jpeg

J1890
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Postby J1890 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:09 am

Here she is, hard at work! ::ds::
Attachments
image.jpeg
"As for me and my house, we serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Return to “Spyderco Knife Forum”