Native 1

The first Spyderco knife was made in 1976 under the direction of Sal Glesser. The company started out as a traveling entity as Sal & his wife, Gail, traveled from show to show. The first permanent establishment was in Golden, Colorado where the company made its first folding knife in 1978. The company proudly touts their knives as being different, peculiar, even out there. "We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Oldredbone67

Native 1

Postby Oldredbone67 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:15 pm

I am still looking for a Native 1, with hollow grind blade, with the swedge. Black FRN handle. Can be used. Here is a pic of one. Thanks
Attachments
20180103_123250.jpg
Native

Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Native 1

Postby Railsplitter » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:46 pm

I don't have one of those anymore but I remember them. I bought one when they were available at WalMart. Maybe about 10 years ago. At the time it was a great way to try out S30V steel without spending an arm and a leg. Great knife too. It's one of the few Spyderco models that doesn't have a huge hump above the thumb hole.

Please forgive me for replying without an offer. It just brought back some memories and I was compelled to comment.
Rick T.
My Uncle owns a Red Barchetta.

Oldredbone67

Re: Native 1

Postby Oldredbone67 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:06 am

No problem , good to hear a positive response. I really like the blade. It is different. Thanks again

Return to “Spyderco Knife Forum”