Pattern search

A place to ask and answer "How do I" questions and post tips & tricks that make your AAPK experience easier and more pleasant. Some little thing that you do all the time and take for granted may be an "aha moment" for a new or maybe even a veteran AAPK user.
Edgewise

Pattern search

Post by Edgewise »

How can I search for a particular knife pattern in the AAPK store. There used to be a search facility on the Knife Forum page but no longer. The browse category now is only by company. Thanks.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Pattern search

Post by jerryd6818 »

There are a couple of paths you can take to get there: (I've used the "trapper" pattern as an illustration)

I'll be adding this to the Tips & Tricks forum.

1.)
Search 1.jpg
2.) is much simpler
Search 3.jpg
3.) But they both lead to here
Search 2.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Edgewise

Post by Edgewise »

Jerry, I have been using your second path regularly but that whole band with the moving store pictures no longer comes up on my computer.
Suddenly, my page starts at the top with the 'Home Forum Store Research Media 'band and then skips down to 'Quick Links Directory FAQ Videos'.
BTW, congrats on your computer skills reply. ::tu::
Meanwhile I'm scrolling through all Case products seeing what peanuts are available. I'm not complaining but I'm getting side tracked a lot and I'm very prone to analysis paralysis. :D
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I did a search on "Case Peanuts" and got no hits. "Peanuts" only got two hits. This group ---> https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_stock=3 and a Queen Peanut. All listed by Sanders Knives.

I'm not able to visualize what your saying. How about a screen shot of what you're talking about?
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Edgewise

Post by Edgewise »

image.jpeg
This is the best I can do. See how the top of my page is suddenly missing the shop? This happened recently all by itself.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

If you're telling me this is all you see, (the part in yellow and red) then there is still a work around.
AAPK 1.2.jpg
Choose "Site Map" and scroll all the way to the bottom of the page.
AAPK 1.3.jpg
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Edgewise wrote:image.jpeg
This is the best I can do. See how the top of my page is suddenly missing the shop? This happened recently all by itself.
What Browser are you using? That doesn't look like Internet Explorer, FireFox or Chrome. I'm going to guess a setting in your browser got hosed. I don't think I can resolve your issue.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Edgewise

Post by Edgewise »

I don't have Site Map either. I use Safari on ipad2.
Thanks Jerry. I'll let you know of any further developments.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Well, ding, ding, ding. That's the reason. I should have asked that question first. Sometimes, I'm awfully bad about assuming.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Edgewise

Post by Edgewise »

jerryd6818 wrote:I did a search on "Case Peanuts" and got no hits. "Peanuts" only got two hits. This group ---> https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_stock=3 and a Queen Peanut..........
Not wanting to go off topic but don't you think this is surprising for one of the longest running patterns in American slipjoint history?
Is there any solution to my computer problem other than to ask Jerry to do all my future searches for me? :lol:
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Well, you could buy a real computer. ::uc:: :mrgreen:

Edit: Don't know what happened the first time around but did another search and found several of them. ---> https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... mit=Search
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Edgewise

Post by Edgewise »

jerryd6818 wrote:Well, you could buy a real computer. ::uc:: :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't I know it ! But I just can't seem to find a hand forged, convex grind, clip point, CPM-20CV computer anywhere. ::shrug::
Thanks for the help Jerry, (and the tip. :lol: )
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

Edgewise, sometimes web sites have a separate view for small form factor devices like phones and tablets. The small form factor view often reduces the types of content that gets displayed. It’s just a guess, but that might be what is happening to you. Please refer to the attached picture for instructions to “request full website” in Apple safari.

If you don’t see the little square box with the arrow pointing up, then tap the top of the screen and it should appear. To get to the numbe 2 in the attached picture you will likely need to slide that row of icons.

Hope this helps.
Attachments
How to request full website
How to request full website
Edgewise

Post by Edgewise »

I did what you suggested RalphAlsip but Request Desktop Site didn't do the trick.
I'm really checking out a new computer though because this tablet is at least six years old. ::uc::
However, if this gets fixed I might hold out on a new one. ::sneaky::

Return to “AAPK Tips and Tricks -- An Illustrated FAQ Forum on Steriods”