Got a new phone

A place to ask and answer "How do I" questions and post tips & tricks that make your AAPK experience easier and more pleasant. Some little thing that you do all the time and take for granted may be an "aha moment" for a new or maybe even a veteran AAPK user.
KV10

Got a new phone

Post by KV10 »

I got a new phone and gifted my old phone to my wife. When I went to login as woodwalker it said this user name has been taken. I had to make a new one. So now I am KV10 on my new phone and woodwalker on my wife's phone. I would like to be woodwalker on this phone as well. I am not very knowledgeable on how to do this. Can someone help?
Steve Warden

Re: Got a new phone

Post by Steve Warden »

Odd. Did you click on register or log in? Register would tell you woodwalker was already in use if that's what you enter. Log in would ask for a user name, then a password.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
KV10

Post by KV10 »

Steve Warden wrote:Odd. Did you click on register or log in? Register would tell you woodwalker was already in use if that's what you enter. Log in would ask for a user name, then a password.
I tried login. It asked for my password which I could not remember. So it said it would send a password to my email account. I don't have one set up on my new phone but I give it my email account on my old phone and it said it was invalid. It said you will have to set up a new account. I made a comment on the winchester thread and got a welcome to AAPK from one of our members. I just feel weird about it because I have been a member for a few years now as woodwalker. I am sure I did something wrong or could have maybe done it differently. I just didn't know how.
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

KV10 wrote:I got a new phone and gifted my old phone to my wife. When I went to login as woodwalker it said this user name has been taken. I had to make a new one. So now I am KV10 on my new phone and woodwalker on my wife's phone. I would like to be woodwalker on this phone as well. I am not very knowledgeable on how to do this. Can someone help?
Same thing happened to me when I got a new phone.
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

When I got a new phone and a new table, I had no issues like this.
Sorry, can't help. Contact Bryan.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
KV10

Post by KV10 »

How do I contact Brian?
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Go to your user control panel and click new pm.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
KV10

Post by KV10 »

I sent a PM to Brian. I think I did it right. Thank you. :)

Return to “AAPK Tips and Tricks -- An Illustrated FAQ Forum on Steriods”