Accepting Payment Member Stores

A place to ask and answer "How do I" questions and post tips & tricks that make your AAPK experience easier and more pleasant. Some little thing that you do all the time and take for granted may be an "aha moment" for a new or maybe even a veteran AAPK user.
jww

Accepting Payment Member Stores

Post by jww »

What ways do the Store Members at AAPK accept payment? I'm thinking about a store but don't use PayPal. Thanks JWW
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Accepting Payment Member Stores

Post by philco »

My wife has a store here on AAPK. In addition to paypal she accepts USPS money orders and personal checks. The knives are not shipped until the checks clear so that does create a bit of delay.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

I would assume that you being the seller can accept any type of payment you like. After all, you're holding all the cards. That being said, Pay-Pal seems to be the easiest way.

For me personally, there have been many times where I would have bought a knife here, but didn't, simply because it wasn't easy for me to do so. I didn't want to take the time to write a check or get a money order. Just something to think about.

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

For me I won't write and mail a check and I'm not going anywhere to get a money order. Like Mike said PayPal is the easiest and fastest, two clicks and the transaction is done and your money is on the way. I do all my banking online, so I could have an electronic transfer of funds, but you would have to provide your banking info. I could just have the bank mail you a bank draft for the amount, but that takes time also. How much do you want to move inventory and how easy do you want to make it on your customers?
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

XX Case XX wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:04 pm I would assume that you being the seller can accept any type of payment you like. After all, you're holding all the cards. That being said, Pay-Pal seems to be the easiest way.

For me personally, there have been many times where I would have bought a knife here, but didn't, simply because it wasn't easy for me to do so. I didn't want to take the time to write a check or get a money order. Just something to think about.

I have passed on knives because of this.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
jww

Post by jww »

Thanks everybody. All points of view understood and agree with all. I'll have to make up my mind on how to approach this. Thanks JWW
Xyphos

Post by Xyphos »

Non Paypal guy here too. Yes it's more convenient and quicker but it's a mess of a system if you have an issue, and they have a limit on how much you can spend/purchases you can make at a time ... and then they flag that card so it can't be used. Paypal also actively tries to prevent buyers & sellers from negotiating their own transaction.

I send a M.O. by US Post Office certified mail so it requires a signature. Only had a problem once in hundreds of transactions, and the Postal Inspector doesn't think kindly of theft and mail fraud.

Return to “AAPK Tips and Tricks -- An Illustrated FAQ Forum on Steriods”