Adding YouTube channel to profile

A place to ask and answer "How do I" questions and post tips & tricks that make your AAPK experience easier and more pleasant. Some little thing that you do all the time and take for granted may be an "aha moment" for a new or maybe even a veteran AAPK user.
Dan In MI

Adding YouTube channel to profile

Post by Dan In MI »

I've tried to add my YouTube channel to my profile, and failed. My channel name has spaces, which the board software doesn't like. So I tried another avenue, and copied the URL for my channel.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCWA0VjH6 ... 9KA/videos

I pasted everything between "channel" and "videos." Though the software affected the change, when I tried to open the link, YouTube gave me a 404 (nothing here) error. The only thing I can think of is that I need to sign out and try again. Otherwise, I have no idea what's at issue. Hoping one of y'all can help.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
rexstubbins

Re: Adding YouTube channel to profile

Post by rexstubbins »

I suspect that there was some script written by Bryan that removes special characters from the string that could be detrimental to the database. There is something called SQL injection that is very dangerous and hackers can insert malicious code if these characters are not removed or escaped properly before storing the website address in the backend database. The website admin will probably need to recode a bit to get this to work.
Doug

The words vintage and antique are vague. Actually most words are vague. Even the word vague is vague.
Pocket Knife Art
Dan In MI

Re: Adding YouTube channel to profile

Post by Dan In MI »

Thanks for the reply, Doug. I'll ask Bryan about that.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget

Return to “AAPK Tips and Tricks -- An Illustrated FAQ Forum on Steriods”