Searching my posts

A place to ask and answer "How do I" questions and post tips & tricks that make your AAPK experience easier and more pleasant. Some little thing that you do all the time and take for granted may be an "aha moment" for a new or maybe even a veteran AAPK user.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Searching my posts

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

My question concerns finding a post that I made in a certain thread. I know I posted in this thread because the thread appears when I click "Your Posts". But I cant remember what I posted or what knife it was about. I tried searching by my user name, but get no results. Is there a way to do this? I am doing the search just in the related thread.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Modern Slip Joints

Re: Searching my posts

Post by Modern Slip Joints »

This works for me. Click on the pull down list arrow next to your user name above. Click Profile. Then click Search User'r Posts.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Modern Slip Joints wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:26 am This works for me. Click on the pull down list arrow next to your user name above. Click Profile. Then click Search User'r Posts.
When you get to that point, you can use the “search these posts” box to input a keyword to search for. If you can recall anything about the subject of the thread in which you posted, searching a keyword can help filter your posts to a more manageable group.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Modern Slip Joints wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:26 am This works for me. Click on the pull down list arrow next to your user name above. Click Profile. Then click Search User'r Posts.
That gets me 121 pages of results to sift through. Not what I was hoping for. I was looking to see what knife I had pictured in a particular thread a year or two ago. I was hoping I could search my user name in that one thread and get 1 hit.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"

Return to “AAPK Tips and Tricks -- An Illustrated FAQ Forum on Steriods”