Search function

A place to ask and answer "How do I" questions and post tips & tricks that make your AAPK experience easier and more pleasant. Some little thing that you do all the time and take for granted may be an "aha moment" for a new or maybe even a veteran AAPK user.
danno50
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Search function

Post by danno50 »

The search function is driving me crazy. The instructions say to put + in front of a word that must be found. Years ago I remember a discussion that mentioned a company that made bone handles for pocket knives. I believe it was jointly owned by at least a couple of the Walden companies, and I thought it was called the Walden Bone company. When I type +walden+bone into the search function only results with Walden come up. In my understanding, only results including both words should come up?
Dan
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Search function

Post by jerryd6818 »

Try just plain +walden bone, leaving out the + in front of bone. (or have you tried that already?)
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
danno50
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by danno50 »

Thanks for the suggestion, Jerry. However, that did not work either. I get a message that the search ingnored bone as it is too common. What I want is to search for posts that include both Walden and bone. I have tried about every combination I can think of: putting quotations around both words, putting them in brackets, etc.
Dan
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Using the Search function, do your search for Walden. Then when those results are returned, type "bone" in the box where it says "search these results". Click on the little magnifying glass icon.

Works for me. But in this example there are over 9000 posts containing Walden, and about a third of those contain "bone". Happy reading. :lol:

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
danno50
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by danno50 »

Thanks for the suggestion, Ken. When I search Walden I get 5676 results. However, when I type bone into the search box and click the magnifying glass, I get a message that it ignored bone and there are still 5676 results.
Dan
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

That’s what I’m getting now also. The other day, when I made the previous post it was working. That’s how I determined that about a third of the Walden posts also contained the word “bone”. Strange. ::shrug::

BTW when I do a search for Walden I get 9687 results. Way more than you found. ::hmm:: ::cr::

Ken
Attachments
IMG_5867.jpeg
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
danno50
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by danno50 »

I believe I must get fewer results because I limit my search to General Knife Discussion, Knife Related Q & A and Knife Lore.
Dan

Return to “AAPK Tips and Tricks -- An Illustrated FAQ Forum on Steriods”