photos

A place to ask and answer "How do I" questions and post tips & tricks that make your AAPK experience easier and more pleasant. Some little thing that you do all the time and take for granted may be an "aha moment" for a new or maybe even a veteran AAPK user.
bobsknif

photos

Post by bobsknif »

is there a photo gallary that i can post pic of my knifes
robpa

Re: photos

Post by robpa »

I pick the topic that most represents my photo theme. Winchester, GEC, Queen, fixed blade,etc.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

There are dozens of threads where we post pictures, you just need to look around the forum and get familiar with it. Go through all the new notifications and you will get a quick glance at the topics. Welcome to AAPK... ::tu::
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Not sure if this is what you’re asking, but you can set up a gallery of pictures of knives you want to show, or just keep pictures of for posterity. Up on the right in the header, next to your forum user name is a little camera icon that says “gallery”. Click on that, which should open a place where you can put pictures in your gallery.

You can see your own gallery of pictures and by clicking in the little “hamburger” icon there you can access other member’s galleries.

Been a while since I put any pictures there but IIRC it wasn’t too difficult to figure out.

Ken

Edit: here’s the instructions, from AAPK Tips & Tricks viewtopic.php?f=98&t=56983
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Thanks Ken. You beat me to the punch. It's been so long, I had forgotten I had posted those instructions. ::facepalm::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
bobsknif

Post by bobsknif »

thank all for the help
MadeinUSA

Post by MadeinUSA »

Anyone know the file size l8ke of uploading pictures?

My 9mb pics taken from my digital camera must be too big

What’s the limit?
MadeinUSA

Post by MadeinUSA »

MadeinUSA wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:48 pm Anyone know the file size limit, per image, of uploading pictures?

My 9MB pics taken from my digital camera must be too big

What’s the limit?
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

MadeinUSA wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:44 am
MadeinUSA wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:48 pm Anyone know the file size limit, per image, of uploading pictures?

What’s the limit?
According to this post from 2016 Bryan says you should be able to post any size picture. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=48497&p=504731&hilit=Pixel#p504731

I am certainly no expert, but am curious if you’re trying to somehow load pictures to the forum directly from your camera, or do you use a PC or ????? as an intermediary interface? If so can you use that intermediary software to reduce the image size?

If all else fails send a PM to one of the admins or Bryan.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

mqqn

Post by mqqn »

I found that one can use the 'img' bb code to post images from another host in this sib forum, but not outside of this subforum.

I have my own server where I put my own pictures and was trying to link to them, which saves the host here bandwidth, but I have to download pictures from my server, then upload them.

No problem either way I guess, perhaps the admin here found people hot-linking to images that were not authorized etc.

Andy
South Central Tennessee
Retired from Caterpillar Inc.
MadeinUSA

Post by MadeinUSA »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 3:09 am
MadeinUSA wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:44 am

What’s the limit?
According to this post from 2016 Bryan says you should be able to post any size picture. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=48497&p=504731&hilit=Pixel#p504731

I am certainly no expert, but am curious if you’re trying to somehow load pictures to the forum directly from your camera, or do you use a PC or ????? as an intermediary interface? If so can you use that intermediary software to reduce the image size?

If all else fails send a PM to one of the admins or Bryan.

Ken

No… I just post them from my iPad, as usual. Just regular ol’ jpeg format pics

Big ones won’t post (turn out all black)

If I resize them smaller… they post

I just don’t have the inclination/time to resize pics to post (I’m probably spoiled… the other forums I use must have software that resizes pictures as they are uploaded… eliminating that step for me)
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I’m pretty sure I read here somewhere a post from Bryan saying the software here re-sizes pictures when they’re posted. I’d contact him and tell him you’re experiencing problems.

If you’re like me, it’s probably something you’re doing. At the company where I worked before retirement when you experienced a problem with your computer, you submitted a “ticket” to the IT department. They would send a technician to fix it, who afterward would write up a summary of what they fixed and close out the ticket. I will always remember the day I looked at my closed ticket where the tech’s summary said simply “PICNIC”. When I asked about what that meant, they told me it was the abbreviation for “Problem In Chair, Not In Computer”.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

Return to “AAPK Tips and Tricks -- An Illustrated FAQ Forum on Steriods”