New "Affinity"!

In 1939 Joseph Gerber (advertising agency owner) had custom knife maker David Murphy make 24 sets of carving knife for some of his select customers. Catalog retailer Abercrombie & Fitch saw them and was so impressed with the quality of the knives they wanted to sell them. Thus was born Gerber Legendary Blades.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

New "Affinity"!

Post by Madmarco »

I couldn't find any posts on this new Gerber, so I started one. This is their 8 1/2" oal "Affinity" frame lock slip-joint that is described as a "Black-tie affair" knife. Makes sense cuz it's smooth and sleek and weighs 4.6 oz.'s. Silver colored plate screwed onto the rear cover is strictly for a splash of color and improved grip. Came with an adjustable stud and pocket-clip, but have been removed. 8)
WIN_20221213_11_37_07_Pro.jpg
WIN_20230110_10_50_39_Pro.jpg
WIN_20221213_11_36_37_Pro.jpg
8)
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: New "Affinity"!

Post by orvet »

I haven't seen that one yet Marco. Looks nice though, a handful of knife! ::tu::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Dale! I believe they're new for 2022. If you investigate them, be sure to examine the copper model with the black coated blade as well, I'm beginning to think I might have jumped the gun getting the silver aluminum model cuz the copper is also really nice. Also, even though they measure 8 1/2" open they really don't seem like large knives, they're quite light and could easily be carried in your pants or jacket pocket without being noticed. As-a-matter-of-fact, I believe the copper model is slightly shorter open, mine is 8 1/2" and the copper is 8.45" open. I'd class them as "a somewhat larger gentleman's knife". 8)
8)
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Madmarco wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:34 pm Thanks Dale! I believe they're new for 2022. If you investigate them, be sure to examine the copper model with the black coated blade as well, I'm beginning to think I might have jumped the gun getting the silver aluminum model cuz the copper is also really nice. Also, even though they measure 8 1/2" open they really don't seem like large knives, they're quite light and could easily be carried in your pants or jacket pocket without being noticed. As-a-matter-of-fact, I believe the copper model is slightly shorter open, mine is 8 1/2" and the copper is 8.45" open. I'd class them as "a somewhat larger gentleman's knife". 8)
M.M. I really like that knife! ... I guess you could say I have developed a real ''Affinity" for it :wink:
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

::rotflol::
You are a card, Dog, I'd love to see you on stage at a comedy club! Never one to miss a pun!
Thanks for the compliment, bud, and you might want to do as I suggested above to Dale and take a look at their all copper model which is equally attractive if not more.
The knife is everything I was expecting of it!
8)
8)

Return to “Gerber Legendary Blades Knife Forum”