Just can't get it

In 1939 Joseph Gerber (advertising agency owner) had custom knife maker David Murphy make 24 sets of carving knife for some of his select customers. Catalog retailer Abercrombie & Fitch saw them and was so impressed with the quality of the knives they wanted to sell them. Thus was born Gerber Legendary Blades.
MUD

Just can't get it

Post by MUD »

If y'all didn't know, I like the Gerber LST.
I've got a couple or four. The first knife I actually fell in love with (if there is such a thing. Heard it was legal to marry your horse or gun in Texas, or your sister in Alabama. All that's for another day)

There's quite a few that are hard to find. I'm missing one of the camo ones ... Digicam/2010 BLADE SHOW. I've only saw pictures, if you have otor know about one... I will definitely appreciate a chance to get it
I'm still trying to get the black blades from 92 (black and red handles with black blades). There's several Micarta ones that still elude me.

And then you get to the early Zytel handles.
Made in most any color you could think of.
I've got a purple 200. Supposed to be one of the hardest to come by.

One that I've seen for sale but haven't aquired yet I'm the orange LST (#6027). Made from 86-88. I've saw two for sale in the last 6-7 years. No particular reason to want one, except I don't have one.

Now that I've bored y'all into a comma, here's the fun part.

Saw this on the bay, first thought was... Blade transplant to the early camo LST I started carrying for work about 6 months ago. I noticed in the pictures that it looked like somebody might've tried using it to hammer or pry on something orange.
IMG_20181106_033836578.jpg
When I got it I opened it and saw this
IMG_20181106_033847988.jpg
After using every solvent to try and take the paint off ( with no luck) I figured some moron had put Cerakote or something like it on a very hard to find orange LST.
I scraped some off, used some balck Emory on a wheel to get a little more.... the only way to get it off is media blasting (according to the Cerakote website.)
IMG_20181106_040046987.jpg
Guess I've got a long row to hoe, but it'll be worth it.
My name is Mud,
But call me Alowishus Devadander Abercrombie
That's long for Mud, so I've been told
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Just can't get it

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Well, you could just call it "patina" and live with it. ::facepalm::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
CanadianKnifeGuy

Re: Just can't get it

Post by CanadianKnifeGuy »

If it's spray paint there's a product called "Goof Off" that might do the trick.

Return to “Gerber Legendary Blades Knife Forum”