Several thoughts come to mind on your knife, Timber.
1. The handle appear to be a tad bit wider than a normal 442.
2. The handle looks as though it was dropped in some hot coals and melted a little.
3. The handle does not have the other 3 slot holes like a normal 442
4. The stamp appears to be 'legit' for a 2003 model stamp
5. This may have been a specific knife made for a company. The etch across the handle says "Advantage", but I can't read what is in-scripted under that word. Could it be "Advantage Rent-A-Car"? Or some other company that starts with Advantage?
6. And lastly...it could very well be a counterfeit knock-off made by china.
Sorry can't help more than that. Maybe someone else will come along and be more informative. It is a weird style though. Nothing like what shows up in Buck's catalogs.