Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
kootenay joe

Re: Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

Post by kootenay joe »

Here are 2 GEC #14 Barlows that arrived in my mailbox. They were both a surprise sent by kind AAPK friends.
Both are #141122. One has the original Cocobolo Wood handles and it is a gift from Mike Losicco, "Galvanic". The simplicity of these #14's is their beauty.
The other # 14 arrived a couple of weeks later having come from Glenn Trowbridge in New Hampshire, "Glennbad". Glenn is one of The Best knife restorers of all.
This #14 has had the cocobolo handles removed and a dark red Stag handles installed. Wow ! It turns this little knife into more macho creation. And look at the workmanship of the handle installation: Perfect, flawless and to my eyes could not be better.
My children will enjoy inheriting these.
Thank you Mike and Thank you Glenn and Thank you AAPK.
kj
Attachments
IMGP2771.JPG
IMGP2773.JPG
IMGP2774.JPG
IMGP2775.JPG
IMGP2777.JPG
danno50
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by danno50 »

Beautiful knives, Roland, must of been a very nice surprise to open those up. Good work Mike and Glenn! ::tu:: ::tu::
Dan
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

danno50 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:49 am Beautiful knives, Roland, must of been a very nice surprise to open those up. Good work Mike and Glenn! ::tu:: ::tu::
Thank you Dan. Indeed both were a surprise. They show the kindness of the AAPK members. I bet AAPK is the 'kindest' of all on line collector forums, knives, stamps, toasters, tube radios, etc. We are not rude to each other and always offer support when a member is in need.
kj
1fartsmella
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by 1fartsmella »

Two great knives from two great AAPK friends!
Barry
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Roland ::tu::
David
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

GEC 35 Cattle Knife. Excellent Cattle Knife!
Attachments
IMG_3097.jpg
David
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

DM11 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:46 pm GEC 35 Cattle Knife. Excellent Cattle Knife!
I like those three blades. Sweet looking knife, cool bone color, congrats on scoring that one. I've seen them online pretty high. Good job.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

I bought a couple of the 35 cattle knives, one for the collection and one to use. The first one came in a couple days ago. Really nice hefty cattle knife.

4A2CAFD3-9839-4C87-935D-DA50CAA76704.jpeg
A2C128A2-5E01-4252-A204-B6B18D25B40B.jpeg
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Sweet bone DM11, Knifeslinger. Congrats on a great looking knife, love that spear and the blade choices. Good scores.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Johnny showed up today. I was going to pass on this one but changed my mind and I'm glad I did. Its a very nice knife.
Attachments
IMG_3308.JPG
David
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

DM11 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:50 pm Johnny showed up today. I was going to pass on this one but changed my mind and I'm glad I did. Its a very nice knife.
Like nothing I've ever seen from GEC. Congrats, great looking knife and good bunch of blades. What would that scale material be? Is it black? Nice score.
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Ivoryman wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:50 am
DM11 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:50 pm Johnny showed up today. I was going to pass on this one but changed my mind and I'm glad I did. Its a very nice knife.
Like nothing I've ever seen from GEC. Congrats, great looking knife and good bunch of blades. What would that scale material be? Is it black? Nice score.
Thank you Ivoryman. Its black delrin.
David
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by FarSide »

Congrats. I am very happy with this knife. GEC did a great job. The tube art alone is amazing. A very nostalgic knife for me. Brings back lots of memories when I was a kid in the 60's.
#35 Johnny on the Spot A.jpg
-Tim
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

FarSide wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:20 pm
Congrats. I am very happy with this knife. GEC did a great job. The tube art alone is amazing. A very nostalgic knife for me. Brings back lots of memories when I was a kid in the 60's.

Glad you were able to score one FarSide! ::tu:: The tube art is great on this one!
David
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

A great acquisition FarSide. Congrats!
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by FarSide »

Quick Steel wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:37 pm A great acquisition FarSide. Congrats!
DM11 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:40 pm
FarSide wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:20 pm

Glad you were able to score one FarSide! ::tu:: The tube art is great on this one!
Thanks you
-Tim
JoKr

Post by JoKr »

after more thn 2 weeks at the customs...
#151113STL TC Barlow Black Ebony Toms Choice 2 $ Bill.jpg
_ ̡̡ ̡ ̡̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡ ̴̡̡ı̴̡̡-̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡ ̲̲͡ ̡ ̡ ̴̡ ̡ ̡ ⛵️̡ ̡ ̡ ̡̡ ̴̡ ̴̡ ̡ ̡-̲̲̲͡͡-̡̲̲͡-̲̲̲̲͡͡͡-̲-̡̲-̲̲̲͡͡-̡̡̡̡̲̲-̡-̴̡ı̴̡̡-̡_̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡*̡̡ı̴̴̡̡ ̡̡ ̡

ISO #748116 AAPK Forums Knife 2016
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Farside and Jokr, great knives gents, sweet pickups and love seeing these beauties. Hats off to GEC again for some great runs and patterns. I saw these 59 whittlers in Hummingbird acrylic and really liked the way they looked and the 59 pattern is one of my faves. Never seen it in a whittler either, but doesn't say pattern premier or anything. Anywho, found one in bone from Gunstock Jacks and love this baby immediately. There are no flaws at all, unlike my latest Case which had several. Love how the green bone turns to black in the middles and the jigging is cool too. Can't say enough good about the job GEC did on these and sounds like these other patterns shown above are the same as far as that's concerned.
Attachments
thumbnail_20220909_141753.jpg
thumbnail_20220909_141631.jpg
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

JoKr wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:09 pm after more thn 2 weeks at the customs...

#151113STL TC Barlow Black Ebony Toms Choice 2 $ Bill.jpg
Nice one! ::tu::
David
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Ivoryman wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:11 pm Farside and Jokr, great knives gents, sweet pickups and love seeing these beauties. Hats off to GEC again for some great runs and patterns. I saw these 59 whittlers in Hummingbird acrylic and really liked the way they looked and the 59 pattern is one of my faves. Never seen it in a whittler either, but doesn't say pattern premier or anything. Anywho, found one in bone from Gunstock Jacks and love this baby immediately. There are no flaws at all, unlike my latest Case which had several. Love how the green bone turns to black in the middles and the jigging is cool too. Can't say enough good about the job GEC did on these and sounds like these other patterns shown above are the same as far as that's concerned.
Ivoryman looks like you got a good one! ::tu::
David
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

59 Shaffer Farm Whittler. Sure like this one!
Attachments
IMG_3707.JPG
David
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

DM11 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:04 pm 59 Shaffer Farm Whittler. Sure like this one!
Thanks thanks thanks DM, and you as well. That is beautiful. I like the color in the middle, doesn't look quite as black as mine, looks more like moss green or agate greenish brown, which really looks great. So glad you were able to snag one, they are sweet little whittlers. Congrats and thanks again for the compliments.
JoKr

Post by JoKr »

Northwoods NW #59 Bear Lake FMW #47 Viper Jig Bone #63 Mako #47 Che Chen #72 Mini Lockback Hunter Black Plum.jpg
_ ̡̡ ̡ ̡̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡ ̴̡̡ı̴̡̡-̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡ ̲̲͡ ̡ ̡ ̴̡ ̡ ̡ ⛵️̡ ̡ ̡ ̡̡ ̴̡ ̴̡ ̡ ̡-̲̲̲͡͡-̡̲̲͡-̲̲̲̲͡͡͡-̲-̡̲-̲̲̲͡͡-̡̡̡̡̲̲-̡-̴̡ı̴̡̡-̡_̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡*̡̡ı̴̴̡̡ ̡̡ ̡

JoKr

Post by JoKr »

#352322 Waynorth Wiki-Ute Charlie Campagna CC SFO antique amber jig bone.jpg

Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

JoKr wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:26 pm Northwoods NW #59 Bear Lake FMW #47 Viper Jig Bone #63 Mako #47 Che Chen #72 Mini Lockback Hunter Black Plum.jpg
Great shot of some beautiful knives JoKr. Love the Bear Lakes and Vipers. And the 72 LBs too. Congrats on a pack of sweeties. How do you like the Wiki Ute? Nice bunch of blades on that one. Great scores.

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”