Guns & Gun Related Stuff

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
MadeinUSA

Re: Guns & Gun Related Stuff

Post by MadeinUSA »

robpa wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:08 am The best load so far, for accuracy @ 100 yds, has been with 75 gr hornady BTHP over 23 gr Varget @ 2720 fps. Also pretty good job on chucks up to 100 yds. Ive got other loads but the info is in the reloading room over at the kids garage. I only run a 2x7 power scope on it usually. Ill probably do some more load work this summer. Ive loaded some faster but they didnt have the great accuracy. Its a real fun gun.Probably one of the most accurate Ive had beating my sakos.

This little 457 in.22 is the most accurate rifle Ive ever owned beating my sako finnfire and the Anschutz fired off a machined rest. Notice that gob of rubber on the barrel, that resonater really fine tunes the barrel. Moving fore or aft from the sweet spot makes quite a difference...I run a 6x24 Vortec on it. 5 shots @ 100 yds in a dime and better. Not a lot larger @ 150 yds, This year gonna work it @ 200 yds with some SK long range rimfire.
::tu::
Unk
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Unk »

I picked this up at an Estate Sale this week. The recoil is very light, but I can't seem to hit anything with it. ::shrug:: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
20230316_151328.jpg
20230316_151256.jpg
20230316_151212.jpg
Mike

If you don't watch the news, you are uninformed. If you watch the news, you are misinformed.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Interesting little revolver. .22 cal?
Unk
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Unk »

Quick Steel wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:44 pm Interesting little revolver. .22 cal?
It's an old 1950s / 60s cap gun.....i.e. toy. :lol: Now I need to see if I can find a few rolls of caps for it.
Mike

If you don't watch the news, you are uninformed. If you watch the news, you are misinformed.
robpa

Post by robpa »

Only Hubleys Ive seen were cap guns??? But some do have some collector value to toy collectors.? If this actually does shoot a bullet, its meant for shootin feet not yards!
Unk
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Unk »

robpa wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:58 pm Only Hubleys Ive seen were cap guns??? But some do have some collector value to toy collectors.? If this actually does shoot a bullet, its meant for shootin feet not yards!
It's just a toy - it doesn't shoot bullets. I was trying to be funny, but sometimes my attempt at humor doesn't translate well to the computer screen. :lol: i.e. The middle picture shows the side opened up where the roll of caps go.
Mike

FRJ

Post by FRJ »

:lol: -- ::woot::
Joe
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Unk wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:42 am
robpa wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:58 pm Only Hubleys Ive seen were cap guns??? But some do have some collector value to toy collectors.? If this actually does shoot a bullet, its meant for shootin feet not yards!
It's just a toy - it doesn't shoot bullets. I was trying to be funny, but sometimes my attempt at humor doesn't translate well to the computer screen. :lol: i.e. The middle picture shows the side opened up where the roll of caps go.
Fun old toy.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Well ya got a smile outa me. :mrgreen:
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

jerryd6818 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:37 am Well ya got a smile outa me. :mrgreen:
Me too! :lol: :wink:

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
MadeinUSA

Post by MadeinUSA »

Brings back memories of playing with cap guns…. Had several of them

I still have one that uses the green sheets of stick-on caps vs the red rolls

Such fond memories of my childhood playing cowboys and indians and cops and robbers outside all day until our moms forced us to come in!

And… as I recall, we would occasionally take an entire roll of caps and smack it with a hammer! Wow… nice big bang (at least my 10yr old buddies and I thought it was! Would blacken the cement nicely :) )
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Good one unk I sure got a chuckle out of it.
Hubley made some nice toys revolvers, they made some that looked like the Civil War era that were really neat. Had a good neighbor buddy that got one for Christmas, he would never play with it, one it was to large for his hands but also it was just too pretty. Thanks for taking us back to our childhood. ::handshake::
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Unk wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:42 am
I love it! I had a lot of fun as a kid with a cap gun and a few rolls of those paper caps.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
fergusontd

Post by fergusontd »

::woot:: used to take a roll of caps and took a magnifying glass and set them off! ftd
"A pocketknife is a man's best friend!"
MadeinUSA

Post by MadeinUSA »

fergusontd wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:23 pm ::woot:: used to take a roll of caps and took a magnifying glass and set them off! ftd
::tu::
Unk
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Unk »

fergusontd wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:23 pm ::woot:: used to take a roll of caps and took a magnifying glass and set them off! ftd
We did the same thing as a kid, back in the 1960s. :lol: We also laid the caps on the driveway and smacked them with a hammer or rock.
Mike

bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

Unk wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:52 pm Now I need to see if I can find a few rolls of caps for it.
checkout https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/parris- ... p-gun-toys
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Unk
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Unk »

bestgear wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:17 am
Unk wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:52 pm Now I need to see if I can find a few rolls of caps for it.
Thanks! I will order some.
Mike

cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Unk wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:46 pm
bestgear wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:17 am
Thanks! I will order some.
I need to try those with my old Mattel Fanner .45. I tried the Ja-Ru brand from the grocery store, and pretty much the whole danged box of rolls was a dud.

And I need to solder back on the grip portion of the frame as well as make grips for it. That part of the frame was half-snapped off when I found it, and finally fell off over the years. It can still fire caps well.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

One part of the treasure trove that I received from Kolvir in the 2023 POS exchange was this holster cutout to make a double loop Mexican style holster for a 6 1/2" single action revolver. Well, somehow Kolvir knew that I have a Ruger Single Six that was in need of such. So I went ahead and dyed it dark brown, and finished it up. The holes punched in the edge indicated that it was to be laced instead of sewn with waxed thread, so I cut a strip of 1/4" suede and laced the edge. After wet forming it fits perfectly.
Thanks Kolvir
IMG_5120.JPG
IMG_5134.JPG
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Awesome! /\
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
ken98k
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by ken98k »

OLDE CUTLER wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:20 pm One part of the treasure trove that I received from Kolvir in the 2023 POS exchange was this holster cutout to make a double loop Mexican style holster for a 6 1/2" single action revolver. Well, somehow Kolvir knew that I have a Ruger Single Six that was in need of such. So I went ahead and dyed it dark brown, and finished it up. The holes punched in the edge indicated that it was to be laced instead of sewn with waxed thread, so I cut a strip of 1/4" suede and laced the edge. After wet forming it fits perfectly.
Thanks Kolvir

IMG_5120.JPG

IMG_5134.JPG
That's great! ::tu::
I am the NRA.
Let's go Brandon!
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Nice barbecue rig ::tu::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

OLDE CUTLER wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:20 pm I have a Ruger Single Six
Nice job on that holster.
Joe
Unk
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Unk »

Very nice, OC!
Mike

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”