RRR knives

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: RRR knives

Post by Railsplitter »

Madmarco wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:33 pm My goodness, you're the lucky one dude! I can't even imagine ::hmm:: what kind of mind would want empty cereal boxes or sugar cubes (except Rick/Railsplitter) as somethin to collect, next step is off to the city dump for some really valuable stuff I suppose! ::facepalm::
Some people's children, I'm tellin' ya!
8)
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I'm glad you caught that bud, just adding a little levity to the situation! ::handshake::
I hope you didn't think my comments were directed toward you my friend, ::handshake:: just had to add you in because of your previous sugar cube comment.
8)
8)
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Madmarco wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:55 pm I'm glad you caught that bud, just adding a little levity to the situation! ::handshake::
I hope you didn't think my comments were directed toward you my friend, ::handshake:: just had to add you in because of your previous sugar cube comment.
8)
I totally get it. Now to continue the hunt for my elusive grail cube.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Railsplitter wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:19 am
Madmarco wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:55 pm I'm glad you caught that bud, just adding a little levity to the situation! ::handshake::
8)
I totally get it. Now to continue the hunt for my elusive grail cube.
::rotflol:: ::clapping:: ::rotflol:: !
I bet the one's soaked in LSD are highly coveted popular pieces! lol!
8)
8)
Alien883

Post by Alien883 »

OSCAR wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:02 am Let’s face it. We collect things that we like. They make us feel good. There is absolutely NO valid reason to collect anything. I’ve collected knives for nearly 50 years. I have about five that are “working tools” that I rotate. The rest are in knife rolls, Every time I say to myself that I’m not going to buy anymore, I usually find one that I have to have ! We need to start up a knife collectors anonymous group. I’m trying my hardest to have the willpower to quit. Trying to take “Just this one more “ out of my vocabulary !!!!

LOL, so glad I am not by myself....and I thought its only me in this world hopelessly in deep love of anything that smells, feels or taste like a knife!!!! THANK YOU!!!! I want to be in your group////lol ::sotb:: ::uc:: :shock:
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Alien883 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:47 am
OSCAR wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:02 am Let’s face it. We collect things that we like. They make us feel good. There is absolutely NO valid reason to collect anything. I’ve collected knives for nearly 50 years. I have about five that are “working tools” that I rotate. The rest are in knife rolls, Every time I say to myself that I’m not going to buy anymore, I usually find one that I have to have ! We need to start up a knife collectors anonymous group. I’m trying my hardest to have the willpower to quit. Trying to take “Just this one more “ out of my vocabulary !!!!

LOL, so glad I am not by myself....and I thought its only me in this world hopelessly in deep love of anything that smells, feels or taste like a knife!!!! THANK YOU!!!! I want to be in your group////lol ::sotb:: ::uc:: :shock:
You will HAVE to get to the back of the queue. ::dang:: ::dang:: ::dang:: :lol:
Alien883

Post by Alien883 »

cudgee wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:52 am
Alien883 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:47 am

You will HAVE to get to the back of the queue. ::dang:: ::dang:: ::dang:: :lol:
Ohhhh no, I knew it.... ::ds:: ::uc::
Alien883

Post by Alien883 »

Yes, I did it...ordered another RRR knife!!
Boy am I glad I did...model #0024 a Sheep foot jack.....dang is this thang big....and sharp as a razor too....fit and finish is an easy 10!! The burlap Micarta in brown is a welcomed difference!! A humpback design on the opposite site makes it handy using up-side-down!!
That is a great knife, very glad I ordered that one!!
check out the one picture, RRR 024 in the center, left a new company called Rose Craft Blades Appalachian Jack and all to the left my RRR Whittler

::woot:: ::groove::
Attachments
20230323_142524.jpg
IMG-20230323-WA0006.jpeg
IMG-20230323-WA0009.jpeg
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Alien883 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:11 am Yes, I did it...ordered another RRR knife!!
Boy am I glad I did...model #0024 a Sheep foot jack.....dang is this thang big....and sharp as a razor too....fit and finish is an easy 10!! The burlap Micarta in brown is a welcomed difference!! A humpback design on the opposite site makes it handy using up-side-down!!
That is a great knife, very glad I ordered that one!!
check out the one picture, RRR 024 in the center, left a new company called Rose Craft Blades Appalachian Jack and all to the left my RRR Whittler

::woot:: ::groove::
Even the photo shows up the fit and finish. Nice addition to your collection. ::tu::
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Came across a RRR granddaddy Barlow with Damascus blade and Micarta handles. Found it for $85 and even though it’s a great deal for the quality and Damascus blade, I’m going to have the willpower to pass.
815E79CB-F469-41E3-BCD3-FACE034FA257.jpeg
Not a hard decision. I’d love to get it but I can think of many other things I can do with $85.
I’d most likely be buying it if not for the fact that our economy is in the toilet.
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

OSCAR wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:46 am Came across a RRR granddaddy Barlow with Damascus blade and Micarta handles. Found it for $85 and even though it’s a great deal for the quality and Damascus blade, I’m going to have the willpower to pass.
Not a hard decision. I’d love to get it but I can think of many other things I can do with $85.
I’d most likely be buying it if not for the fact that our economy is in the toilet.
Does RR call this pattern a Granddaddy Barlow?
I ask because that's not a Granddaddy Barlow.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

edge213 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:15 pm
OSCAR wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:46 am Came across a RRR granddaddy Barlow with Damascus blade and Micarta handles. Found it for $85 and even though it’s a great deal for the quality and Damascus blade, I’m going to have the willpower to pass.
Edge, My mistake. They called it Granddaddy but NOT Barlow. Here’s the description that they gave for this knife.
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

OSCAR wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:21 pm
edge213 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:15 pm
Edge, My mistake. They called it Granddaddy but NOT Barlow. Here’s the description that they gave for this knife.

David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Man, no traction on this thread for almost a year.

How do you RRR guys like this one?
Attachments
1000021707.jpg
1000021706.jpg
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Modern Slip Joints

Post by Modern Slip Joints »

1967redrider wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:24 pm [...] How do you RRR guys like this one?
I do not like the RRR035. Not much sets it apart from the zillions of one hand opening pocket clip knives. It's handle is too square cornered and the side that lacks a cover is ugly. Its blade does not have a stylish shape. Oh well, I'm sure someone will see it as the best thing since mother's milk.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Fortunately for me, John, none of the things that bother MSJ bother me, so I like it. Not necessarily as much as "Mother's milk", but definitely on my "Like" list! Although, 65 bones does seem a bit much to pay.
8)
8)
Modern Slip Joints

Post by Modern Slip Joints »

I've been watching for someone to post about the newer RRR knives. Old Folder was collecting the RRR series but hasn't posted about them in a long time. Perhaps SMKW lost his interest with the string of too modern RRR knives then dilouting the RRR line with less expensive 440A Black Reserve knives? While I'll never collect the whole series like Old Folder was doing I selectively bought a few that appealed to me. Many RRRs were odd ball designs that wouldn't appeal to huge numbers of buyers like standard trappers, stockmans and canoes do.

When they arrive I'll buy the RRR041 Shapeshifter single Wharncliffe blade slip joint but I usually carry my main knife in a belt pouch so I'll only buy it if it's 4 1/4" or longer closed. Unfortunately SMKW has not revealed the size of several newer RRR knives on their website.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Thanks for your thoughts, guys. 😎👍
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

Return to “Chinese-made knives”