new to the forum

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
TennesseeTrader37716

new to the forum

Post by TennesseeTrader37716 »

New to the forum . I love collecting and I figured I would hop in here to show what I just found. Might be holding onto this a while. cheers everyone
Attachments
20230315_112225.jpg
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: new to the forum

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Welcome to AAPK. Nice find! Who is the maker?

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Welcome ::welcome:: and thanks for jumping right in with a photo. Looks like Shaw Liebowitz designs (?)
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Welcome aboard. Glad to have you.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Welcome!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Welcome to AAPK, TNTrader! ::welcome::
If you could post some pictures of the knives with the blades open and they close up of the tang stamps, it would be very helpful for us and perhaps identifying who the maker of the knives was.

Welcome aboard!
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
edgy46

Post by edgy46 »

Welcome Tennessee Trader, to the friendliest knife site on the web. ::handshake::.
An uncontrolled accumulator. ::shrug::
Bill
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

::welcome:: to AAPK, TNT! ::handshake::
I can't help identifying your knives, but be patient as someone who does have some knowledge about them will see them eventually and post some info for you.
Beautiful knives, BTW!
8)
8)
gordonjohn

Post by gordonjohn »

Welcome to AAPK the best knife site on the web ::handshake::
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Glad to have you with us T-trader. ::handshake::
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Hope Tennessee Trader comes back and replies - hasn’t logged in since making the OP. ::shrug::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:10 pm Hope Tennessee Trader comes back and replies - hasn’t logged in since making the OP. ::shrug::

Ken
I'm starting to think that some guys will actually join the site in order to ask 1 question and then not participate any further. ::shrug:: ::facepalm::
8)
8)
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Madmarco wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:26 pm
Mumbleypeg wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:10 pm Hope Tennessee Trader comes back and replies - hasn’t logged in since making the OP. ::shrug::

Ken
I'm starting to think that some guys will actually join the site in order to ask 1 question and then not participate any further. ::shrug:: ::facepalm::
8)
It’s not an unusual phenomena. Click on “members” down there at the bottom of the page and browse the members and number of posts. “One post wonders” are common. But the mystery to me is why folks make a post, usually asking a question or seeking information, but then never log in to see the responses. Or wait ten minutes and not seeing anyone immediately reply, never return again. ::shrug:: Makes me curious why they even bothered to make the post. ::hmm::

Then there are those who return a couple of days later and find the responses, but then go away forever without even a “thank you”.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:01 pm

Ken
8)
It’s not an unusual phenomena. Click on “members” down there at the bottom of the page and browse the members and number of posts. “One post wonders” are common. But the mystery to me is why folks make a post, usually asking a question or seeking information, but then never log in to see the responses. Or wait ten minutes and not seeing anyone immediately reply, never return again. ::shrug:: Makes me curious why they even bothered to make the post. ::hmm::

Then there are those who return a couple of days later and find the responses, but then go away forever without even a “thank you”.

Ken

. . . or guys like me that won't just go away! ::sotb::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Yah, I guess you're right, Ken.
Those things that peeve you about these guys are the same things that bother me, seems like a huge waste of their time.
The "non-thank you's" are the most upsetting to me, it's almost like they think they are entitled to the information and they're gracing us with their temporary presence while we scramble around trying to help.
And then there are the "Johns" of course, who just seem to not go away no matter what you do! lol!
8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

1967redrider wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:11 pm
8)

Ken

Of course my post to Ken was in jest, ::groove:: John, we'd be in serious trouble if we were to start losing members as valuable as you.
So please keep-on "just not going away", buddy! ::handshake::
8)
8)
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Madmarco wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:36 pm
1967redrider wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:11 pm

Ken

Of course my post to Ken was in jest, ::groove:: John, we'd be in serious trouble if we were to start losing members as valuable as you.
So please keep-on "just not going away", buddy! ::handshake::
8)

::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: Thanks Mark!
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Let's just hope Tennessee Trader isn't one of those and will come back to tell us more about his knives.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

keithlong

Post by keithlong »

Welcome
KeithLLong

It does not cost any more to carry a sharp knife than it does to carry a dull knife
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Hey Tenn-trader ::welcome::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

To be fair to Tennessee Trader, his one and only post was not asking a question or seeking any information. Apparently he just wanted to show off his new knives and nothing more. No harm in that as far as I'm concerned. :|

Also, I believe there are a lot of so-called "one-question-ask-and-run-wonders" who probably don't really understand the "culture" of AAPK like some of the more active members who have been around awhile and are accustomed to how things generally work here. It's very possible they think this is a kind of Q&A forum about knives and once they get an answer, they have no more need or interest in sticking around. Not everyone who posts a question is as knife-obsessed as the long-time members and/or frequent posters. JMHO FWIW YMMV ::nod::
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Ken
8)

Ken
IMO, I think they believe that this site is live chat and that if no one answers instantaeously that they are being ignored and then they get POed. Or that many of the new sign up, and make one post because they are scammers.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

::cb:: Hey what ever happened to Tennessee Trader? ::paranoid::
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
LDF Knives

Post by LDF Knives »

Welcome to the AAPK ::welcome::
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:48 am ::cb:: Hey what ever happened to Tennessee Trader? ::paranoid::
If you can't keep-up, Dog, go and stand at the back of the room!
8)
8)

Return to “General Knife Discussion”