So, what's for sale?

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
hardman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

So, what's for sale?

Post by hardman »

Okay. How many red flags do you see in this listing. I sent him a message listing just some of the inconsistencies but never heard back.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/314515839288?m ... media=COPY
Gary

"Now it cuts like a knife, but it feels so right." Bryan Adams
Tasky

Re: So, what's for sale?

Post by Tasky »

I know nothing about Case knives... but I'm immediately turned off by the screencaps of someone else's auction.
I'm also not highly educated, so when it says 'no rust' I presume the rather rusty-looking spots on the blade don't count?
WARNING: This forum post contains words known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Strange. The listing shows as having ended. When I did an advanced search of sold listings to see it, it shows the same item has been listed and sold 6 times by the same seller since March. ::shrug:: As Tasky has pointed out the listing pictures are screen shots - looks like using a phone?
IMG_5423.png
It shows the seller as having sold only 11 listings (and no feedback). I clicked on the seller name and found a few other items listed:
IMG_5425.png
Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
eveled

Post by eveled »

I wonder how many of these strange listings are actually money laundering.
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

I smell something "fishy" here. He has 11 items sold, 4 "followers" and ZERO feedback.
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

So what did the buyer actually get, the knife in the first two pictures or the knife in the last five pictures. Very strange indeed.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
hardman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by hardman »

OLDE CUTLER wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:45 pm So what did the buyer actually get, the knife in the first two pictures or the knife in the last five pictures. Very strange indeed.
The simple awnswer is: the buyer got neither. The buyer left feedback stating that the knife received matched neither the pictures nor the description. The buyer left negative feedback. The same seller sold a non-knife item and that Buyer similarly left negative feedback. The seller's rating remains 0% positive feedback and he no longer has any items for sale. At least, he no longer has any items for sale under that username anyway. Buyers beware.
Gary

"Now it cuts like a knife, but it feels so right." Bryan Adams

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”