2024 POS Exchange

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Corn Creek Cutlery
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: 2024 POS Exchange

Post by Corn Creek Cutlery »

Got my pile from Kolvir today:

J Martini / Pal Cutlery / Kent / Kutmaster / Schrade Tool sheath / Empty Buck 503 Box
Imperials / Hammer Brand / Colonial / China / Pakistan
Assorted Wrenches & Tools / Mirrors / Computer Cable

The filet knife is sharp and ready to take fishing. The Pal, Kent, Kutmaster, and Sheath are still good for use, as well as the Chinas and Pakistans.

Kolvir, thank you! You sent some I did not have ... the Martini, Pal, Kent, & Kutmaster. After cleaning/oiling , they will definitely be used. The wrenches and other tools I believe will find a place for use somewhere around here. An executive decision awaits the fate of the rest.

And many thanks for keeping track of all this fun madness we all have enjoyed! ::tu::
Attachments
20240401_203755.jpg
Tony .. https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/corncreekcutlery .. "We are a Qualified RoseCraft Blades Dealer"
It's only money .. give the Lord His .. pay the bills .. give the wife hers .. and buy yourself another knife.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Corn Creek Cutlery wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:10 am Got my pile from Kolvir today:

J Martini / Pal Cutlery / Kent / Kutmaster / Schrade Tool sheath / Empty Buck 503 Box
Imperials / Hammer Brand / Colonial / China / Pakistan
Assorted Wrenches & Tools / Mirrors / Computer Cable

The filet knife is sharp and ready to take fishing. The Pal, Kent, Kutmaster, and Sheath are still good for use, as well as the Chinas and Pakistans.

Kolvir, thank you! You sent some I did not have ... the Martini, Pal, Kent, & Kutmaster. After cleaning/oiling , they will definitely be used. The wrenches and other tools I believe will find a place for use somewhere around here. An executive decision awaits the fate of the rest.

And many thanks for keeping track of all this fun madness we all have enjoyed! ::tu::
You got some of everything!!!
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

I received my POS package/load from the North Pole yesterday! Seriously, it did come from North Pole, Alaska. No, there wasn't any walrus blubber in the box, but this load of POS is a nice, diverse group, with a few that will make fine users. I realized after I took some pictures that I accidentally left out the very cool switchblade-gun that was still in the box, so some pictures of it are at the end. It fires out like a rocket! Now I just have to find a tiny little battery that fits the flashlight that's on the gun. Thanks for a wonderful POS package Ken!
Attachments
DSCN9241.JPG
DSCN9242.JPG
DSCN9245.JPG
DSCN9246.JPG
DSCN9247.JPG
DSCN9248.JPG
DSCN9249.JPG
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Cool Herb. Can't wait for you to make a video using the balisong. Cool little neck knife.
Jody744
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jody744 »

Is that a Parker money clip knife with a mirror? Love mine!
"I like Case, Queen, S & M, Fightn' Rooster and many more."
(quote stolen from one of Jody Brown's posts)
Kolvir

Post by Kolvir »

Sorry so late in getting my photos up. Received my package from jody744 last week.

There was a knife in the tube, but no mints.
pos11.jpg
These will be useful in the garage.
pos6.jpg
pos6.jpg (47.57 KiB) Viewed 1578 times
The swivels are always handy and the flashlight is kinda cool. Recharges on USB; I'll keep it in the truck and use the phone charger.
pos7.jpg
pos7.jpg (52.13 KiB) Viewed 1578 times
Old wooden handle, I think the blade profile has been changed.
pos8.jpg
pos8.jpg (50.29 KiB) Viewed 1578 times
Smallest little chip, nice knife.
pos5.jpg
Chinese hunting knife, but not bat at all.
pos4.jpg
Bit of some smell here.
pos1.jpg
pos1.jpg (42.86 KiB) Viewed 1578 times
And here. The ubiquitous big Swiss Army knife knock off.
pos.jpg
No smell at all!
pos9.jpg
pos9.jpg (53.63 KiB) Viewed 1578 times
And brand new in box, very cool. Hadn't heard of Kansept before.
pos10.jpg

Some very interesting stuff and nice knives included. Thank you very much!
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Some things very useful there Kolvir.
Kolvir

Post by Kolvir »

As for how the new system went, it was mixed:

The form made things much easier, and I appreciate most everyone's willingness to try it, but the private message system requires the username you are sending to be exact, including capitalization. Not everyone entered their username like it is on the board so I had to search and verify each one. So much for not needing everyone to pm me that they are in.

Now if people were willing to give their email address on the form, that would make things much, much easier. I had to copy and paste each address into the pm system as there isn't an API that I have access to. With emails I could write a program that would take the info from the form, randomly pick the POS recipient, make sure they haven't sent to them before if possible, and email it automatically.

I would also make all of the code with instructions on use available so anyone else can run it too in case I get sick of herding cats, or say, the Rapture happens and there are a few people "left behind" that still want a pos exchange. :D

If there are any tech people here I'm going to post the code I do have here in my GitHub repository soon. It'll be a mess as I hacked it together and didn't use it like I wanted because of the issues above. No personal information listed there, rest assured.

https://github.com/Kolvir73/aapk
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Kolvir wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:10 pm As for how the new system went, it was mixed:

The form made things much easier, and I appreciate most everyone's willingness to try it, but the private message system requires the username you are sending to be exact, including capitalization. Not everyone entered their username like it is on the board so I had to search and verify each one. So much for not needing everyone to pm me that they are in.

Now if people were willing to give their email address on the form, that would make things much, much easier. I had to copy and paste each address into the pm system as there isn't an API that I have access to. With emails I could write a program that would take the info from the form, randomly pick the POS recipient, make sure they haven't sent to them before if possible, and email it automatically.

I would also make all of the code with instructions on use available so anyone else can run it too in case I get sick of herding cats, or say, the Rapture happens and there are a few people "left behind" that still want a pos exchange. :D

If there are any tech people here I'm going to post the code I do have here in my GitHub repository soon. It'll be a mess as I hacked it together and didn't use it like I wanted because of the issues above. No personal information listed there, rest assured.

https://github.com/Kolvir73/aapk
Thank you very much for doing the pos again. It is a very fun event. I tip my hat to you.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

I've been on a road trip and wasn't home when the package from Smalleyd showed up in my mailbox. Unfortunately, I forgot to warn the house sitter and she, bless her heart, put that fetid box of poo right on the dining room table. You can imagine my dismay when I walked through the door and spotted it. ::dang::

Actually, he didn't do me too badly. There are some real turds, as one might expect, but there are also a few pretty respectable knives in that shipment. The one I liked the best was a nice little Schrade Copenhagen single blade jack. Below are photos of the whole kit and kaboodle.

Thank you D. for all the goodies (and not so goodies too). ::handshake::
Attachments
IMG_2179.JPG
IMG_2169.JPG
IMG_2170.JPG
IMG_2171.JPG
IMG_2172.JPG
IMG_2173.JPG
IMG_2176.JPG
IMG_2177.JPG
IMG_2178.JPG
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Group shot.
Attachments
IMG_2167.JPG
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Sorry I am late in posting this, things have been hectic lately. Friday I got this box from Reverend and I have to give him props for the way he graded the knives he sent.

Those graded level 4 and 5 were pretty stinky. Those graded level 3-1 actually had some possibilities. Maybe some future modifications?

The knives in the non-toxic bag where really awesome. A nice little Case Stockman and a Mooremaker, which I had been looking at on the
Mooremaker website! Those two will definitely get some pocket time! I am especially excited to try out that little Mooremaker!

Thank you Reverend!
Attachments
1000002272.jpg
1000002274.jpg
1000002276.jpg
1000002278.jpg
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Jody744
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jody744 »

Just to clarify, I don’t consider the Kansept Bevy a POS, it was a bonus to Kolvir for heading all of this up.
"I like Case, Queen, S & M, Fightn' Rooster and many more."
(quote stolen from one of Jody Brown's posts)
GringoBombero
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by GringoBombero »

Orvet, nice score on those non-toxics!
Goodnight Chesty Puller... wherever you are... ::pray::

Come and shop at our store...
We've been waiting for yooouu...
Www.drshanknstein.com
Kolvir

Post by Kolvir »

Jody744 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:59 pm Just to clarify, I don’t consider the Kansept Bevy a POS, it was a bonus to Kolvir for heading all of this up.
I don't either!
jw517

Post by jw517 »

Thanks Dave! I saw the latex gloves on top when I opened the box and lifted the box to my nose before I went any further! Nice stuff! Thanks,john
IMG_0657.jpeg
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

philco wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:22 pm I've been on a road trip and wasn't home when the package from Smalleyd showed up in my mailbox. Unfortunately, I forgot to warn the house sitter and she, bless her heart, put that fetid box of poo right on the dining room table. You can imagine my dismay when I walked through the door and spotted it. ::dang::

Actually, he didn't do me too badly. There are some real turds, as one might expect, but there are also a few pretty respectable knives in that shipment. The one I liked the best was a nice little Schrade Copenhagen single blade jack. Below are photos of the whole kit and kaboodle.

Phil at least you have something to open the can with next time you put oil in the car. ::paranoid::
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

orvet wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:32 pm Sorry I am late in posting this, things have been hectic lately. Friday I got this box from Reverend and I have to give him props for the way he graded the knives he sent.

Those graded level 4 and 5 were pretty stinky. Those graded level 3-1 actually had some possibilities. Maybe some future modifications?

The knives in the non-toxic bag where really awesome. A nice little Case Stockman and a Mooremaker, which I had been looking at on the
Mooremaker website! Those two will definitely get some pocket time! I am especially excited to try out that little Mooremaker!

Thank you Reverend!
Moore Maker is a prize as is the case. At least the rest was well organized.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

jw517 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:44 pm Thanks Dave! I saw the latex gloves on top when I opened the box and lifted the box to my nose before I went any further! Nice stuff! Thanks,johnIMG_0657.jpeg
Not a bad group. Some worthy of the name POS but some pretty knice.
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

philco wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:22 pm I've been on a road trip and wasn't home when the package from Smalleyd showed up in my mailbox. Unfortunately, I forgot to warn the house sitter and she, bless her heart, put that fetid box of poo right on the dining room table. You can imagine my dismay when I walked through the door and spotted it. ::dang::

I love the backdrop for your pictures!!
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
GringoBombero
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by GringoBombero »

How did I not even notice that?

Www.drshanknstein.com
Rockingkj
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rockingkj »

Got a text from the wife today. She said there was a heavy suspicious package that came for me today. I said for your own health keep contact to a minimum. When I got home approached it carefully. My hazmat suit was at the cleaners. Fortunately GringoBombero included protection. Dandy assortment of sharp and formerly sharp items. Many that were mint when new. The modified sword might be my favorite item. Great items including S&W Cutting Horse folder. Afraid to find out what the purple aluminum thing might be. My thoughts went to the dark and seedy side with speculation.
1675C330-C660-4A41-9255-6CAEAEA86A14.jpeg
206D554C-11AB-4EE3-933E-694FCE799A9D.jpeg
D8DA504A-B445-4BB6-A69A-D7A07177C411.jpeg
834D9627-B596-42E2-BB42-08E90B547D80.jpeg
5C0F4BE1-9ED3-4467-BCD2-E165FBFCAFCD.jpeg
The wife has gloomed into several knives she took a shine to.
You can always get more money, good old knives are hard to find.

Nature abhors a vacuum, me I hate a dull knife.
GringoBombero
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by GringoBombero »

There should have been another package in there. Hope you didn't incinerate the box yet!
And that sword is an actual Case blade if you can believe it.

Also... I was wondering where I misplaced that purple thing 👀👀

Www.drshanknstein.com
Smalleyds

Post by Smalleyds »

Thanks Kolvir for all your work. This was my first time playing. Can’t wait for next year. Already have someone’s box started. Thanks again.
Rockingkj
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rockingkj »

GringoBombero wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:30 am There should have been another package in there. Hope you didn't incinerate the box yet!
And that sword is an actual Case blade if you can believe it.

Also... I was wondering where I misplaced that purple thing 👀👀
Glad you said something, dug deeper and found these treasures!
A231F3B1-4CA1-4BC5-BAE9-A47B6FBAC556.jpeg
You can always get more money, good old knives are hard to find.

Nature abhors a vacuum, me I hate a dull knife.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”