Ruana Camp knife

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
HeboAndy

Ruana Camp knife

Post by HeboAndy »

Just picked this Ruana Camp knife, I was told it was most likely from the early 90s. Signed Ruana, has a full 9 in. blade, been looking all over the internet and can't find one like it. Doesn't look like it was used. Has the bowie style sheath.
Attachments
20240420_103355.jpg
Jeepergeo

Re: Ruana Camp knife

Post by Jeepergeo »

Thar
t's a nice looking knife and sheath.
I agree, the knife does not look like it was used.
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Your information appears to be good (viz. 1990s). At that time, R.H. (Rudy) Ruana had died and a little earlier had sold out to his son-in-law and trainee Victor Hangas. Victor than trained his sons Mark and Mike into the business. So any combination of the three Hangas men could have had a hand in this knife. I have one just like it. All of the work they do is exceptional. Victor has also since passed away, and Mike and Mark are not Spring Chickens. They are not at present taking in new work. You have a beautiful and valuable knife.
HeboAndy

Post by HeboAndy »

Vic and his two sons produced a knife with a much finer finish than was found in the M models and earlier. I still like the old ones the most. Thanks
GSPTOPDOG

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

HeboAndy wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:01 am Just picked this Ruana Camp knife, I was told it was most likely from the early 90s. Signed Ruana, has a full 9 in. blade, been looking all over the internet and can't find one like it. Doesn't look like it was used. Has the bowie style sheath.
That is a beautiful knife! ::tu:: About 5 years ago I was selling some stuff at a swap-meet and a guy came up with a bag. He had 5 knives in it and I bought them all for $20 each. I spent a $100, which was sometimes twice what I would make in a day of flea-market selling. Well in the bag was a Ruana, and I had no idea who had made it or any values of a Ruana... ::shrug:: ... ::hmm:: I just knew it looked like a nice knife. In the end that $20 turned out to be money well spent... ::hmm::
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
Rockingkj
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rockingkj »

Super knife. Here is a “M” stamp Ruanna made when Rudy was alive.
IMG_5751.jpeg
You can always get more money, good old knives are hard to find.

Nature abhors a vacuum, me I hate a dull knife.
ken98k
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by ken98k »

HeboAndy wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:01 am Just picked this Ruana Camp knife, I was told it was most likely from the early 90s. Signed Ruana, has a full 9 in. blade, been looking all over the internet and can't find one like it. Doesn't look like it was used. Has the bowie style sheath.
Looks like it would be a good slicer. ::tu::
I am the NRA.
Let's go Brandon!
ken98k
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by ken98k »

Very nice! ::tu:: :D
I am the NRA.
Let's go Brandon!
ken98k
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by ken98k »

Rockingkj wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 7:15 am Super knife. Here is a “M” stamp Ruanna made when Rudy was alive. IMG_5751.jpeg
::tu::
I am the NRA.
Let's go Brandon!

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”